Punishment System Restructure

Lee14026

Suggestion Name:  Punishment System Restructure

Suggestion Description: A new punishment system that is more respectful and less strict to genuine players. To reduce hostility in and about truckersmp staff team.

Any example images: all info provided below

Why it should be added: Currently a large amount of players that just want to play the game get banned for things like small collisions/ accidents / retaliation/ overall small occurrences. But humans make mistakes and that should be taken into account during the punishment and the goal of the punishment should not be to ban them for as long as possible but to show small collisions wont be punished as it is understood that this is something that doesn't deserve a large punishment.

A more accommodating and fair punishment system should be put in place to reduce complaints and the overall hostility of the community. 

(Kicks would stay the same)

This system would result in only the worst of players receiving the serious bans and not casual players that make little mistakes.

Structure

Offence 1 - No action taken.

Offence 2 - No action taken.

Offence 3 - 3 Day ban issued.

Offence 4 - No action.

Offence 5 - 7 Day ban issued.

Offence 6 - No action.

Offence 7 - 30 day ban issued.

Offence 8 - No action.

Offence 9 - 60 Day ban issued.

Offence 10 - 90 Day ban issued.

Extensions continue.

Bans become inactive 3 months after the ban length has ended. Excluding bans with a length of over 30 days which become inactive after 1 year.

Serious Reasons

All serious offences like discriminatory language, abusing bugs / features / hacking remain the same punishment.

Rules updates

Small level collisions like accidentally rear ending someone in wet conditions does not automatically result in a offence

- The user who opens the report has the choice in small level collisions if they want the user to receive maximum punishment (Offence logged).

• Haha 6

It is difficult to say that this idea one day can be analyzed and put into practice, because with the current system there are still players who even taking punishment circumvents the rules and makes new accounts and end up evading punishment to commit other more serious things, so this new system may not be accepted in this way.

Hello, I've been registered on TruckersMP for about a half week now, and obviously every player who has accepted the rules must abide by them and keep up with them.
If this post is accepted, the rule change(s) will affect every registered user and cause confusion. I think the way the punishment system currently works is great and doesn't need to be changed.

• True Story 1

I’m sorry, but this is absolutely laughable. What you are Basically saying is after your 3rd offense, and you return from a ban, your 4th results in no action! The same with offense 6 & 8, that’ just allowing people to deliberately cause a collision, because they know that no action will be taken. Also under the current system if I’m not mistaken, 5 active bans results in 90 day ban, under your system that becomes 10 offenses! 

all this system is going to do is increase the amount of reports because more people are going to be breaking the rules (because they get a no action taken but the report will still be submitted) 

And in my opinion, this is why under the current system, there is an appeal so OK  you get your chance to explain/submit evidence 

• Upvote 1

The only way to avoid trolls or people that have no desire to play respectfully this game is banning them permanently. Without giving any access/way to avoid bans with alt accounts as it's on other games. After 4/5 active bans man maybe also in less than 12 months... you maybe don't understand yet how to play this game and how to stay in a Community. Your reasoning makes no sense at all.

For the 5th active ban in less than 12 months, a permanent is needed. 10 or more bans are useless as the majority who get such bans are trolls and only do it to disturb others and have no desire to play as respectfully and civilly as they should be played.
What's the point of continuing to ban them if they don't understand ANYTHING??
In other common games the ban system doesn't work like it does on the TMP...here they pardon people too much and that's a minus point.

It works that already at the 3rd ban if you still insist you are permanently banned and you have no way to get around the ban except by buying another computer.,since all computer data is kept. And believe me that buying a new computer is not easy at it seems,especially if you're under 18 and you go to school yet and you don't have money to do it.

• Like 1

REMEMBER that you are playing a SIMULATOR GAME and this game is NOT a RACING GAME. If you like races,maybe you're on the wrong game. SL: 80-90 Km/h

Hello @Lee14026,

Thank you for taking the time to share your suggestion regarding the Punishment System Restructure.

I regret to inform you that we will not be proceeding with the suggested Punishment System Restructure. Our current punishment system, while not flawless, maintains a balance between maintaining order in our community and ensuring fairness. I acknowledge your desire for a system that might result in lesser punishments, but it is crucial to maintain a system that upholds our standards and promotes a healthy environment for all players. We encourage you to consider the various factors that contribute to the current structure and the complex dynamics involved in maintaining a balanced system.

Thanks for understanding!

Sincerely,

Leon Baker

Community Manager

// Rejected

• HaulieLove 1