Banned players get a "vehicle downgrade"

Sunstrider

Suggestion Name: Banned players get a "vehicle downgrade"

Suggestion Description: You know how banned players get banned and hardly learn anything from their ban and still drive just as a bad, or will swap to a new account? My idea is to give them a "Self Driving Vehicle" mode. When you have 2+ active bans on your account, this mode will be turned enabled by default. It can't be disabled until you have 1 active ban. This will allow a grace period of 1 active ban to hopefully reform your ways. When Self Driving is on, your vehicle will follow the lane it's in, stop at lights, stop signs, and train crossings, and follows the speed limit. The player can control it with commands. /sd (self driving) will start the input. These are the commands i'm proposing

• laneleft. Changes lane to the left. But only if the road supports additional lanes. Denied if no lane.
  • laneright. Changes lane to the right. Same thing as laneleft.
  • turnleft. Will make the next left turn within 2k meters.
  • turnright. The next right turn within 2k.
  • refuel. If there's a gas station within 2k meters, it will detect it and fuel up.
  • restarea. If there's a rest area within 2k meters, it will detect it and head for a parking spot.
  • park. It will find a safe spot to park, off the road. On a shoulder perhaps.
  • honk. Beeps the horn for 2 seconds. Cooldown of 10 seconds to prevent horn spamming.
  • roundabout #. This tells it what exit of a roundabout to take. For example, say the roundabout has 4 exits. Entering 3, would tell it to take the 3rd road.

The player still has control over headlights. If the player is doing a delivery job and the self driving vehicle arrives, self driving can be disabled as long as the player is within the company so they can park it on their own. If no command is given, the vehicle will follow the road. If the road has a blocker, ends, or if the player is missing a DLC, the vehicle will randomly decide where to go.

Any example images: No.

Why should it be added?: Some players don't bother to learn from their bans. Some players i've checked on, have gotten additional bans. Clear indicator.

Disclaimer: The system, if chosen, is up to the developers to decide how they want to use it. My commands are just a suggestion to make the vehicle a law abiding driver who can't get banned for going the speed limit. They can choose to decline it and nothing would change. When a player is forced to abide the road rules and can't overtake in populated areas or go the speed limiter, it's agony on the player. If their 2nd ban expires while connecting, they will get an in game notification "Self Driving is ready to be disabled. Park in a safe area and reconnect. Try to learn from this and not get additional bans."

• Haha 1

Hello @Somehow Lucky,

I've read all your suggestion,but In my opinion you have seen too many scientific movies... 😄 I really don't think TruckersMP is capable of doing such a thing...just to synchronize everything will take years...
I would simply propose instead of continuing to ban them without any sense, since they don't understand how to play even after 4/5 bans ..., just do as on all other games when you get banned...
On the 1st ban give a warning (maybe from 1 to 7 days of ban), on the 2nd ban, 1 week or more (just depend on the gravity of the rule broken),and on the 3rd ban give a month or a few months if more serious, on the 4th ban 5 months or more always with respect to the seriousness and from the infraction of the rules, on the 5th 1 year / permanent. And above all to deny them the possibility of creating future accounts to avoid permanent bans.
Since most of those who get banned and get more than 4 bans in less than 1 year are just trolls or simply players who buy and download TMP just to annoy other players or because CD has become famous over the years, but not they have no desire to play properly as civilized and responsible people...

As for the ban after time, yes it is true I also noticed some players that I reported and were banned after a short time they still get banned again, this shows that they have not understood anything about this game and that they are simply trolls who do it on purpose. Maybe they find it funny, but for someone like me who maybe wants to play peacefully and responsibly it's just a frustration that makes you want to act and maybe commit crimes... 😄 
Being banned can happen to everyone and I don't doubt it, we can all make mistakes... once, two, three... I think that after 3 times you understand that you are wrong and you would ask yourself a few questions why after 3 more times are you doing that yet... but if you get more than 4 bans in less than 1 year it means either that you're stupid, or that you're simply a troll.

As I have seen on discord in the support section, many of them are trolls, they ask why they have been banned and pretend to be unbanned, but they know perfectly well why they have been banned.. Then, there may be exceptions of maybe someone who asks for forgiveness and maybe has learned from his mistakes, but most don't understand anything or do it on purpose and these types of players needs only to get perma banned. That's just how the game gets better. As well as on all other games...

That's my point of view, based on what I experienced and I'm experiencing in all of these years I've playing TruckersMP.

Kind Regards,

Rosso. | Aurora Driver.

• Upvote 1

REMEMBER that you are playing a SIMULATOR GAME and this game is NOT a RACING GAME. If you like races,maybe you're on the wrong game. SL: 80-90 Km/h

@Rσѕѕσ. Well said. One of the trolls i reported has deleted their account after their additional ban.

The main problem is that they ban evade. They create new Steam Accounts (Keep the account that they purchased the game on) so that they can return. And new email addresses since there's no telltale evidence that can link their account to like a phone number. Staff can see their IP. But, they can just swap devices (if they aren't limited to only 1) to rinse & repeat.

Just like with Halo: Master Chief Collection on Steam. Have you heard of the Youtuber FatRat? He has played Halo 3 since launch and has some good skill and plays. People report him all the time for cheating. Because, they don't have the same skill level as him. Or, they think he's using an AimBot. Regardless, how does he get around this? He just makes new accounts and has the game installed to still play the game he loves.

I highly encourage you to make a suggestion with what you said here. And see if anything can change. Which i doubt will happen.

Hello @Somehow Lucky,

Thanks for the time and effort you have put into this suggestion.

I regret to inform you that we will not be performing the vehicle downgrade for banned players. While we understand the intent behind this concept, we made this decision for a variety of reasons.

Developing a system that dynamically changes a player's vehicle capabilities based on their ban status is a technically challenging task. It entails the creation of new mechanics, intensive testing, and continual maintenance to guarantee that it runs well. These resources could be better used to address existing issues and bring improvements that match with the goals of our community. Our primary goal is to provide a fun trucking experience for all of our players. Introducing a mechanism that downgrades vehicles for banned players may detract from this purpose, producing annoyance and unhappiness among players who cherish the freedom to fully utilize their vehicles.

I would love to express that your contributions to the community are highly appreciated. While this particular idea may not be feasible for implementation at this time, I encourage you to continue sharing your thoughts and ideas. Thanks for understanding!

Sincerely,

Leon Baker

Community Manager

// Rejected