Driving Skills Like IRL

gra3m388

|Hello to all 

I have an idea and would love to hear everyone's own opinion regarding What could TMP bring to the table for all there current and new members to join there game server's

Now my idea would be some how bring in like a driving licence system to there server's and it would be used like a test to see where you as a player are able to handle the roads on ATS & ETS2 

Also be nice to have like a server where all tests could be carried out and New TMP Staff could be like a driving instructor or some sort to give out a TMP Drivers Licence and that Licence would give you access to other server's 

where we can try to avoid all the bad players with there bad driving skills.

Now if you think there something else they could bring to the table state your comments below and lets get TMP fun again.

Thanks for reading and stay safe on the roads out there. 

• Upvote 3

gra3m388
TruckersMP Event Team

Hello. 👋
the issue you mentioned and suggested makes a lot of sense it would be nice for players to pass an exam before joining the servers and it would be nice to introduce a driving license system according to the score they get from the exam, for example, it would be nice for them to have licenses such as (driver1-lvl3) and they are classified according to their driving license on the main servers, I hope the issue you have opened will be taken into consideration and an action will be initiated 

@gra3m388 Thanks for your suggestion.

First of all, the advice and suggestion you have given really sounds good. It is very nice that someone from the event team made this suggestion.

I think the system should change in order to bring such new experiences to the game. There are many admins who are game moderators and do not work for truckersmp. 
Unless we are able to maintain order in the game and prevent bad and troll accounts, such suggestions will unfortunately remain in the background.
Not everyone can play on equal terms. I always stand behind this idea, a road map should be drawn that will increase the interest of the admins in the game and ensure activity.
I think it is a better and easier way to create player profiles within a fair level rank system determined by the number of cargo and deliveries we carry with or without VTC
Accordingly, rewarding players with various rewards will incentivise other players to experience cleaner playable driving.

3RapOpo.png  

Hello @gra3m388

Your suggestion is very good, which is equivalent to our real driver's license test is similar, obtain the corresponding driving skills and enter the corresponding server. This makes it possible to distinguish between "good drivers" and "bad drivers".

Kind regards,

Dawn - DaPeng

语言:中文 / 英文 |Discord:大鹏

TruckersMP 个人资料 |我的VTC |Steam 配置文件

见到你很高兴!

spacer.png  spacer.png

Thanks for the suggestion! Nice to see staff members proposing and consulting all players here 🙂

On paper this sounds very nice. However, my personal feeling is that 90% of the bad drivers and trolls do have the skills to drive properly. But they are not interested in driving properly. As a result, most of them will pass the tests successfully and then will continue to drive as before.

As far as I can see there are only 2 ways to make it work:

1. You make the tests pretty difficult with mandatory realistic settings. And you make people use of realistic truck features like in reality (i.e. retarder, manual transmission, only cockpit view, air brakes, realistic brakes/suspensions etc...)
  2. Or you make these driving licenses with point like in many countries. And when you run out of points you have to pass your driving test again. i.e. in France you start with 12 points and lose points for each offense (i.e. 3 points for speeding, reckless driving, or red light offenses) https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F31551?lang=en

After if you want to just reward badges for people passing the tests, it's obviously a nice idea.

Here are some tests examples which could be implemented:

Parking: 

• in a simple/intermediate/difficult area (i.e. simple = 1 pt, int = 5pts and difficult = 10pts) 
  • in forward/reverse (i.e. forward = 5pts and reverse = 10pts)
  • without touching any cone/element (i.e. 2 cones touched = 1pt, 1 cone touched = 5pts, 0 cone touched = 10pts and more than 2 cones touched = 0 pt)
  • using a short/normal/special trailer (i.e. short = 1pt, normal = 5pts and long/special trailer = 10pts)
  • with/without other camera than the cockpit (with other cameras = 5pts, with cockpit only = 10pts)
  • within a specific time limit (i.e. less 30sec = 10pts, less 1min = 5pts, less than 2min = 1pt and more than 2min = 0 pts)

Braking (to avoid an obstacle):

• with a light/medium/heavy load (i.e. light= 1 pt, medium = 5pts and heavy = 10pts) 
  • at low/medium/high speed (i.e. low = 1 pt, medium = 5pts and high= 10pts) 
  • with normal/dark-rain/poor-foggy visibility (i.e. normal= 1 pt, dark-rain = 5pts and poor-foggy = 10pts) 

Braking (to maintain your speed downhill):

• with a light/medium/heavy load (i.e. light= 1 pt, medium = 5pts and heavy = 10pts) 
  • with a low/medium/steep incline (i.e. low = 1 pt, medium = 5pts and steep = 10pts)
  • on a short/medium/long hill (i.e. short = 1 pt, medium = 5pts and long = 10pts)
  • with or without air brakes (i.e. without = 5 pts with = 10pts)
  • with or without retarder (i.e. without = 5 pts with = 10pts)
  • with or without manual transmission (i.e. without = 5 pts with = 10pts)
  • with speed maintained between -/+5, -/+10, -/+15 km/h around the target speed (i.e. -/+15 km/h = 1 pt, -/+10km/h = 5pts, -/+5km/h = 10pts and more than -/+15km/h = 0 pt)

Climbing uphill:

• with or without manual transmission (i.e. without = 5 pts with = 10pts)
  • with a low/medium/steep incline (i.e. low = 1 pt, medium = 5pts and steep = 10pts)
  • with normal/medium/poor traction/grip (i.e. normal = 1 pt, medium = 5pts and poor = 10pts)
  • starting the climb at normal/low/0km/h speed (i.e. normal = 1 pt, low = 5pts and 0km/h = 10pts)

Driving precision:

• on a wide/normal/narrow road (i.e. wide = 1 pt, normal = 5pts and narrow = 10pts)
  • with wide/sharp/pin turns (i.e. wide = 1 pt, sharp= 5pts and pin= 10pts)
  • with a low/normal/high starting speed (i.e. low = 1 pt, normal = 5pts and high = 10pts)
  • with a good/average/poor road/weather conditions (i.e. good = 1 pt, average = 5pts and poor = 10pts)
  • on a uphill/flat/downhill road (i.e. uphill = 1 pt, flat= 5pts and downhill = 10pts)
  • with a light/medium/heavy load (i.e. light= 1 pt, medium = 5pts and heavy = 10pts) 
  • using a short/normal/special trailer (i.e. short = 1pt, normal = 5pts and long/special trailer = 10pts)
  • on a 5km/15km/50km road (i.e. 5km = 1 pt, 15km = 5pts and 50km = 10pts) 
  • without touching any cone/element (i.e. 2 cones touched = 1pt, 1 cone touched = 5pts, 0 cone touched = 10pts and more than 2 cones touched = 0 pt)

I could probably continue with more examples but I had enough!! 😅

But as you probably already understood, you add up the points and at the end of the test (for example):

• 100+ pts = Passed with gold medal
  • 80+ pts = Passed with silver medal
  • 50+ pts = Passed with bronze medal
  • less than 50 pts = failed
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

Provided simulation server existed, cause it never really did.

What you really suggest is a division, something TMP (and many casual players) don't want and is afraid of, co-existence of two different more or less incompatible communities.

Instead TMP clings to the idea of one server for all, this "Back to basics", aka MMO GTA free-for-all wreckfest, is the next (final?) step in "Road to simulation", an attempt to regain players and avoid split in the community (which caused me to leave).

I don't think there is still anyone left interested in any of this simulation nonsense, within the people running the show, so good luck with that, and I would take as an insult, if I had to undergo testing by same people who created the current rules and servers.

• Upvote 1

While good in theory, there are many problems with it

1. Not Learning/Not Caring. How do you teach someone that just doesn't understand what to do, has zero patience, get banned and still doesn't learn from their mistakes?
  2. Need Dedicated Staff. In my Auto Driving Test idea (in my sig), by making the test automated and checking for dedications and driving behavior, it takes the need for staff to deviate from other things and just wait on the test results.
  3. Making sure they still retain the knowledge in the future. While we don't know if they have short term memory loss, a standard memory, or can remember what happened today 20 years later (that had no impact). If they forgot, they would need a refresher.

Will it be a permanent thing or is it like a Real Ops event (when's next one?)?

• 4 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards,

OmSaL

TruckersMP Community Moderator + Support