TruckersMP Anti-Speed Hack Suggestion

LovelyPiggy

Hello and thanks for the suggestion.

I'm not sure what you mean by "speed hacking"? Are you suggesting some players can go faster than the forced server speed limit (i.e. 110km/h on EU1)? In that case, I would not only kick them, but also ban them for hacking!

If you are just talking about the existing limits with people remaining at 110km/h constantly. The 110km/h limit has been a massive debate over the last months:

• Simulation fans want it reduced
  • Others want to keep it or even to increase it (which is what they got on EU2 and Promods)

I can see why you would allow people to go at the max speed for a few seconds before kicking them (in case of overtaking or not watching your speed).

It's a good idea. Maybe hard to implement. But it would definitely prevent all these speed maniacs from driving constantly at 110km/h everywhere. But it's, in essence, a softer way to reduce the speed limit. Which is the opposite to what the majority of people seems to want here (unfortunately 😒)

Hi , @Melehat
Thank you for communicating with us through the forum.

There are many different modes in the cheats used. NCZ Speed cheats are at the top of these. 
As with any platform, an anti-hacking programme can be used. But again, updated cheat mods will continue to overcome this obstacle.
Always keep the in-game recording open and don't forget to report and provide feedback here if you see anything suspicious.

Supports I  Reports

• Like 1

3RapOpo.png  

1 hour ago, Foobrother said:

Hello and thanks for the suggestion.

I'm not sure what you mean by "speed hacking"? Are you suggesting some players can go faster than the forced server speed limit (i.e. 110km/h on EU1)? In that case, I would not only kick them, but also ban them for hacking!

If you are just talking about the existing limits with people remaining at 110km/h constantly. The 110km/h limit has been a massive debate over the last months:

• Simulation fans want it reduced
  • Others want to keep it or even to increase it (which is what they got on EU2 and Promods)

I can see why you would allow people to go at the max speed for a few seconds before kicking them (in case of overtaking or not watching your speed).

It's a good idea. Maybe hard to implement. But it would definitely prevent all these speed maniacs from driving constantly at 110km/h everywhere. But it's, in essence, a softer way to reduce the speed limit. Which is the opposite to what the majority of people seems to want here (unfortunately 😒)

You do not need to ban them. Because if anyone going over 110 Km/h in EU1. Maybe he sliding from a ramp or maybe he was bugged and flied by going 400.000+ Km/h. They are unjustly banned. So the kick is enough. If they're already kicked, they can't drive with the speed cheat. I do not have any idea for NCZ or other hacks. 

1530613961_MELEHAT(1).png.f7e91b5d15b9d6531ab94b4816a87837.png

1 hour ago, SirTrapSG said:

It's simply just against downhills

Well, in the real world trucks are supposed to stay at their speed limit even in downhills. That's why you have systems like retarders to prevent brakes from overheating.

So I wouldn't mind people being kicked because they don't control the speed of their truck for xx number of seconds in downhills.

• True Story 1

The proposed system, which would autokick for going faster than speed limit would have few cases, where you will get false positive. 

1. Falling into void - this one is straight forward, usually happens with Scout car after a collision. The speedometer might briefly show very high speed as the vehicle falls into void below the world.

2. Getting brutally launched by misbehaving physics engine - that might happen from time to time due to many reasons. Physics engine isn't perfect and some crazy shenanigans may occur. Again, the detected speed may greatly exceed server speed limit while vehicle is airborne.

3. Game Moderators, who can drive slightly faster than the server's speed limit - This autokick system could get in the way of doing duties, or during specific events, such as RealOps. Technically, this issue could be solved by checking the in-game permission flag of the player to make sure that staff members, who can actually punish players in-game when needed won't get kicked.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

Hello @Melehat,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write this suggestion. 

I did not understand what you mean but in case you ask to kick a player who exceeds 110 km / h in the server, I tell you that it is not always for reasons of hackers in speed. 

Sometimes there are routes with some descents and if you maintain the speed of 110 km / h, at the time you make the descent, the speed could exceed and reach for example 112 km / h. But it's not hacker. It is simply the road. Uphill you lower the speed. 

Anyway let me know what you meant precisely. 

Thank you. 

Kind Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

TruckersMP Veteran Player 

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/11/2023 at 12:03 AM, ROMANISTA [ITA] said:

Sometimes there are routes with some descents and if you maintain the speed of 110 km / h, at the time you make the descent, the speed could exceed and reach for example 112 km / h. But it's not hacker. It is simply the road. Uphill you lower the speed. 

On 7/11/2023 at 7:15 AM, Somehow Lucky said:

Ever gone downhill when doing 110 on Sim 1? You can go about 10 over.

On 7/11/2023 at 11:49 PM, HomerSimpson16 said:

A lot of players go over 110KM ONLY on down hill sections of road/s so bad idea as players who dont hack will get kicked for going down hill

17 hours ago, T4TT said:

Push to 110km/h from downhill then hit neutral gear. You will be surprised 😄 

👇