Suggestion to change the report limit on the website

CiRaz

Some people know this issues, other people are experiencing it right now.

You want to report other players on the TruckersMP Website but the report summary tells you the following:

„You can create 0 more reports, your limit is 0“.

IMG_6220.jpg

My nickname is CiRaz.

I am 19 years old and an old Euro Truck Simulator 2 Veteran, who play’s TruckersMP, whenever I find the time for it.

With this topic I want to suggest that instead of blocking players forever from reporting other players on the website, because they spammed the report system with useless reports, they could just be blocked temporarily.

Another way to solve this could be that if the amount of accepted reports is by a bit greater than the declined reports, players get numbers added back to the amount of reports they can create.

In my opinion, blocking people from doing certain things should never be decided by an algorithm and especially not without the ability to manually or automatically unblock them after a certain time.

Hi , @CiRaz

Thank you for contacting us through the truckersmp forum.

This may be due to your reports containing evidence recorded in busy areas of the map, such as the C-D road or Kirkenes.
These reports, even if they are accepted, are rated as neutral in order to prevent people from driving on busy roads for the sole purpose of recording and reporting other users and clogging up the report system as a result.
The aim of the game is to allow users to enjoy all the roads around the map. You are more likely to increase your report score by driving in areas that are not densely populated.

By reading these Rules, you can understand why such a path needs to be drawn.

§1.4 - Gross or persistent breach of Rule

§1.2 - prohibition due to the rule

If you do not get an adequate answer to your question, do not hesitate to contact  Support.

• Thanks 1

3RapOpo.png  

Hello, unfortunately I understand you very well ... we are in the same boat.
I made 119 reports in total and 92 accepted succesfully. The rest, some were rejected for "is more a kiclable offense" and others because some (of many) admins do not know the rules and do not know when one is bannable or not ... anyway let's wait for this rule change or be removed, put so it makes no sense. A few weeks ago I too opened a topic regarding this... what they reply is the usual copy and paste of the rules (which they don't respect either).. they don't give other arguments/answers.

• Thanks 1

REMEMBER that you are playing a SIMULATOR GAME and this game is NOT a RACING GAME. If you like races,maybe you're on the wrong game. SL: 80-90 Km/h

Hi @Rosso.

If you have submitted a total of 119 reports and 92 of them have been accepted, that indicates that 27 reports have been rejected. Therefore, approximately 22.69% of your reports have been rejected.

As hinted in previous responses, the reasons for reports being rejected can vary. However, the majority of rejections are often attributed to violations of 1.4.

Your suggestion that the reason behind the rejection of some of your reports is primarily due to admins' lack of knowledge regarding the rules and their ability to determine what is ban-worthy or not, is, in most cases, far from accurate.

Admins undergo comprehensive training during their tenure in both positions before they attain the status of fully-fledged game moderators. This training equips them with knowledge about what actions warrant a ban and what actions do not. Therefore, stating that your reports are being rejected due to admins' ignorance in this matter is incorrect. 

Recently, the guidelines have been modified to be more lenient towards minor offenses and violations that would have previously warranted a ban or a more severe punishment. I would suggest that this revision, along with a potential lack of familiarity regarding the criteria for imposing a ban, is why game mods may inform you that they would opt for kicking the offender instead of applying a ban. 

I hope this helps.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Be4rdy said:

im down to being able to put up 2 reports, i dont bother any more because whats the point

Well, it is true, many people do not care anymore. But being able to report other players is a very valued asset in Multiplayer games to ensure fair play.

On 6/28/2023 at 11:40 PM, Rosso. said:

Hello, unfortunately I understand you very well ... we are in the same boat.
I made 119 reports in total and 92 accepted succesfully. The rest, some were rejected for "is more a kiclable offense" and others because some (of many) admins do not know the rules and do not know when one is bannable or not ... anyway let's wait for this rule change or be removed, put so it makes no sense. A few weeks ago I too opened a topic regarding this... what they reply is the usual copy and paste of the rules (which they don't respect either).. they don't give other arguments/answers.

Hello, thank you for your reply.

My issue is that if the count goes down to zero, you can not ever report anyone on the website anymore, which is, in my opinion, bad in a lot of cases. People not being able to send out reports, that will surely be viewed, is a very negative aspect, especially in a big Multiplayer solution like TruckersMP. Being able to only use the in game report system is not enough because 99.9% of the reports disappear unseen because Moderators are not online. It does not only leave a bad rating for TruckersMP overall, but many also lose the interest of playing the game online because of a bunch of people trolling around or blocking others for minutes, sometimes an hour, without them being kicked or removed.
I simply want the mentioned limit to be increased either over time or if more reports are accepted than declined.

• Upvote 1

On 6/28/2023 at 9:45 PM, CiRaz said:

Some people know this issues, other people are experiencing it right now.

You want to report other players on the TruckersMP Website but the report summary tells you the following:

„You can create 0 more reports, your limit is 0“.

IMG_6220.jpg

My nickname is CiRaz.

I am 19 years old and an old Euro Truck Simulator 2 Veteran, who play’s TruckersMP, whenever I find the time for it.

With this topic I want to suggest that instead of blocking players forever from reporting other players on the website, because they spammed the report system with useless reports, they could just be blocked temporarily.

Another way to solve this could be that if the amount of accepted reports is by a bit greater than the declined reports, players get numbers added back to the amount of reports they can create.

In my opinion, blocking people from doing certain things should never be decided by an algorithm and especially not without the ability to manually or automatically unblock them after a certain time.

Hello @CiRaz,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write this topic. 

In my opinion there should not exist to have 0 reports that you can to send on the site. 

I say this because there are moderators who before becoming one had an internship as "Game moderator Trainee" and know the rules well. After all, the last word and the decision is the moderator in charge of evaluating a report. 

If there is a violation of that player, then a ban could occur against the infringing user, otherwise the report could be refused but without decreasing the limit of reports. 

And if you believe that the moderator's decision has not been evaluated correctly, open feedback on the website. 

It  seems to me pointless that the limit of reports is lowered up to even 0.

Kind Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

TruckersMP Veteran Player 

• True Story 1

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

8 minutes ago, ROMANISTA [ITA] said:

Hello @CiRaz,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write this topic. 

In my opinion there should not exist to have 0 reports that you can to send on the site. 

I say this because there are moderators who before becoming one had an internship as "Game moderator Trainee" and know the rules well. After all, the last word and the decision is the moderator in charge of evaluating a report. 

If there is a violation of that player, then a ban could occur against the infringing user, otherwise the report could be refused but without decreasing the limit of reports. 

And if you believe that the moderator's decision has not been evaluated correctly, open feedback on the website. 

It  seems to me pointless that the limit of reports is lowered up to even 0.

Kind Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

TruckersMP Veteran Player 

A report rejection will subtract 2

• True Story 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Project Manager

Hey everyone,

Earlier this week we pushed an update setting the minimum report score to 1. If a user submits several negatively rated reports, their limit will not go below 1. 

We reserve the right to disable access to any system including the web report system. However, this will be done on a case-by-case basis (eg. for spamming invalid reports). 

Hope this helps!

• Thanks 2
  • HaulieLove 2
  • Awesome! 4

Appeal your banSubmit feedback | Have a nice day 🧡