C-D service stations - No collision Zone

Hello Truckers!

How many of you have had traffic issues on the C-D road waiting for players in the gas station to come out to make room for other players? I think the "No collision zone" in the service stations on road C-D would be needed, so that anyone who needs to refuel their truck or car in the game enters the rest area without disrupting traffic. 

What do you think about it?

Thanks for your answers.

Kind regards,

ROMANISTA [ITA]

TruckersMP Veteran Player

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

Introducing NCZ there without any rework (which has been endlessly debated it seems lol) would just introduce another set of problems.
Letting more people in just because ghost/NCZ while only a few are able to leave at a time would just create issues at the "invisible" border. Think of Calais service station, or just anywhere there during active hours.

The issue stems from things like:
There just being too many vehicles - exceeding the capacity of road, and in this instance, the fuel (petrol) station.
People who do not plan ahead and only think about fuel when the 'low fuel' light turns on and/or route advisor starts yelling at them.*
And can't forget the people that like to cause chaos, well, doing just that. Causing chaos.

People go to this area for "traffic", no?
With players around, especially during peak hours, it is bound to create traffic. Everyone knows it's a mess there specifically(C-D), yet significant amount of players get 'Surprise Pikachu face' when they arrive. And some as far as rage. As the typical response goes, if you don't want the traffic, enjoy the other 99.95% of the map. DLC or not. Spamming in chat, flashing high beams or using the horn non stop will not make anyone go faster. Turn the radio on, sit back, enjoy the scenery and watch other people being stupid. My recommendation though, be the party observing -  and not the ones being stupid.

*Most people run 4x2 trucks or 8x4, meaning large fuel capacity. The 6x configs have decent tanks as well. Only the certain Man trucks have that 400l fuel tank, but simply planning ahead would do wonders.

Guest muri's

Hi,

The same problem is experienced in calaiste and I opened a topic a month ago for its renewal and it received enough attention, but no official replied.

I agree with the friend above, it was extremely ridiculous that they did the road renewal as an April 1st joke. It is really shameful to wipe the hours and efforts of the people who worked to build that road for a so-called joke of one day.

While they have the opportunity to turn the road into 4 lanes, beautify the environment, relocate and enlarge the gas stations, they sit and wait, and right at the exit of the city of Calais, they bring a traffic project to the place where there are kilometers of traffic, it's ridiculous, why isn't something like this done in the renewed city of duisburg?

The road work that needed to be done on the huge 4-lane road was made in a small area, causing more traffic and unnecessary swearing and bans. Even someone who did nothing in front of my eyes got banned, it's really weird.

The project team either does not want to undertake such a big task or is too lazy to do it.

Even bringing back the old db calais path will reduce traffic in the game and allow players to play a more realistic simulation.

I hope the authorities will accept what I wrote as just criticism and truth and not an insult and they will be motivated to do something.

Have a nice day!

8 hours ago, muri's said:

Hi,

The same problem is experienced in calaiste and I opened a topic a month ago for its renewal and it received enough attention, but no official replied.

I agree with the friend above, it was extremely ridiculous that they did the road renewal as an April 1st joke. It is really shameful to wipe the hours and efforts of the people who worked to build that road for a so-called joke of one day.

While they have the opportunity to turn the road into 4 lanes, beautify the environment, relocate and enlarge the gas stations, they sit and wait, and right at the exit of the city of Calais, they bring a traffic project to the place where there are kilometers of traffic, it's ridiculous, why isn't something like this done in the renewed city of duisburg?

The road work that needed to be done on the huge 4-lane road was made in a small area, causing more traffic and unnecessary swearing and bans. Even someone who did nothing in front of my eyes got banned, it's really weird.

The project team either does not want to undertake such a big task or is too lazy to do it.

Even bringing back the old db calais path will reduce traffic in the game and allow players to play a more realistic simulation.

I hope the authorities will accept what I wrote as just criticism and truth and not an insult and they will be motivated to do something.

Have a nice day!

Hello @muri's

First of all thank you for taking the time to answer here. 

I agree that maybe is better widening the C-D road to 4 lanes instead of two. Maybe even is better to increase the space to renovate the service area on that road. Everything else I find absolutely negative. That road is very busy and it would be time to be able to renew it in some way to make driving more realistic for everyone. 

The "No collisions" zone would be to avoid traffic on the lanes of the road C-D allowing everyone to enter the service area and leave the road clear. 

A lane intended to enter the service area would be absolutely useless given the huge traffic on that road. 

Kind Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

On 6/7/2023 at 7:49 PM, muri's said:

Hi,

Have a nice day!

First off, thank you for agreeing with me about the April Fool's joke. Didn't even get to experience it because there was no announcement about it. And the removal of it was a dumb move.

Secondly, i made the suggestion about adding the light outside of town. It's working better then it did without it.

Third, let's not bring back old CD. That one lane path was hell for many years. Traffic leaving Duisburg would pile up from the light to the NCZ. Traffic going to Duisburg would pile up from the light to the turn right after CD Road ended.

Fourth, my guess is that they just want SCS to revamp Netherlands & Belgium to deal with the problem. They did revamp Germany. I'm hoping they would come back to this city to make it look more accurate to the map. But, i think they are just about finished with Germany although and are moving on to older countries.

Great, this is a great suggestion. When there are many players with durian, gas stations are often the busiest places. On CD one-way roads, players are more likely to have car accidents. Implementing collision free is a very good suggestion, which is also my personal opinion

Kind regards
player
Aria

3 hours ago, MZ-Aria. said:

Great, this is a great suggestion. When there are many players with durian, gas stations are often the busiest places. On CD one-way roads, players are more likely to have car accidents. Implementing collision free is a very good suggestion, which is also my personal opinion

Kind regards
player
Aria

Hello @MZ-Aria.,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to respond to this idea. 

I'm very glad if you like it. 

It often happened to me to find queues in the area of gas stations on the C-D road. And what was this traffic due to? Try to guess? 

The traffic was due to the blocking of road traffic because the gas station was full of players and it was not possible for others to enter otherwise they would make collisions with those who were already inside. In my opinion, if it should only be enlarged, it would not solve the problem because many stop and occupy space also to make maneuvers within the service area and would serve a large area. That would be impossible. 

The service area could be enlarged but also putting the "No collisions" zone so as not to create accidents and traffic when everyone can enter the service area without problems. 

Kind Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

On 6/8/2023 at 11:18 AM, C. C. Cαtch said:

It is necessary to change gas stations to large ones, like on autobahns.

Hello @C. C. Cαtch

First of all thank you for taking the time to write this answer. 

With all the traffic circulating on that road C-D, in my opinion... Only expanding the area for the service area would not make much sense. 

Because a lot of players that I found stopped to refuel their trailer truck and then stopped. If more people did that... How much should the petrol station be enlarged? Especially those who have double trailers. 

Kind Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

Guest killiash
12 hours ago, ROMANISTA [ITA] said:

Hello @C. C. Cαtch

First of all thank you for taking the time to write this answer. 

With all the traffic circulating on that road C-D, in my opinion... Only expanding the area for the service area would not make much sense. 

Because a lot of players that I found stopped to refuel their trailer truck and then stopped. If more people did that... How much should the petrol station be enlarged? Especially those who have double trailers. 

Kind Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

Large gas stations matter, a year ago Duisburg confirmed this.
After the refueling rework, the problem remained only with traffic lights.

• 4 months later...

Going straight from a NCZ into a live area like this can be dangerous because if there are two trucks inside each other, and they leave a NCZ area, they'll be in ghost mode until they separate. If ghost mode ends, but the drivers do not realise, they may crash into each other.

When a NCZ ends as soon as you leave a company, this makes it much easier to determine when you're entering and leaving the area.

Within TMP we generally do not view NCZs as being viable solutions. Duisburg city was NCZ for a long time, we determined it was better for the sake of the experience if this was not the case moving forward.