Live Vote/Pool/Kick System

Suggestion Name: Live Vote/Pool/Kick System

Suggestion Description: A Live Vote/Pool/Kick System; managed via commands/chat/announcement; that allows players to initiate a Vote/Pool/Kick against a player

Any example images:  none, managed via commands/chat/announcement

Why should it be added?: Because it could give the community the opportunity to Vote/Pool/Kick a player off the server, e.g. when a player blocks many players and the moderators are not online or in that specific place, these situations often last for a long time, creating a mess, creating misbehaviour on the part of other players, and consequent spamm in the report systems. There are other games that adopt these systems and are effective. It could be a useful tool to give the community the opportunity to moderate limitedly (just with a kick) in extreme cases, having specific criteria and requirements (staff excepted, minimum number of votes need it etc...) to avoid the abuse of the system. This system would be effective in more densely populated areas; having strict criteria makes it difficult for those driving alone or with someone else (example in 3/4/5) to abuse the system. It is true that there are ways to overcome this situations, but forcing people to have to reconnect/change/quit the game/server etc. is not ideal. People "do it" because they know they are succeeding in their intent to create a mess, but if there is a system in place h24 to discourage this behaviour, it certainly benefits everyone, from the community, to the load in the report system etc...

I dont' know if it was suggested already

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

This will be heavily abused by players. 

Example 1: There is a convoy on a public server and there is a non-vtc member driving in the convoy. This is perfectly legal, but the VTC members may not like that so they will kick the player, when the player did nothing wrong. 

Example 2: There are a group of friends who will all vote to kick each other as a joke. 

Example 3: There is a player following a streamer, that streamer tells all of their viewers to vote kick the player, when the player violated no rules.

I could keep going on, just look at games that have/had implemented a vote kick system. You can find tons of articles of people complaining about it being abused. Additionally, a kick isn't going to do anything. On the rare chance that it is used without malicious intent, the player can just join right back. 

• Upvote 4

You haven't thought this out have you? While the idea is something i'm for, it will be heavily abused by 200 local players when there's 3.6k on.

Here's how it will be abused.

1. Somebody is going slower then you. Vote them out.
  2. There's a queue at the red light leaving Calais. Vote out everybody who doesn't just run the light.
  3. Somebody is turning left into CD's tiniest gas station? Vote out everybody who's turning left.
  4. You're just casually driving down the road. Hey look! It's one of the previous players you reported and was banned for 2 weeks. They are holding a grudge and vote you.

Even if they made a script to detect if waiting at a light, stuck in traffic, or blocking. It's better to just report them and await a mod's outcome.

• 4 weeks later...

Was blocked for about 20minutes on the Kirkenes Road (I think it was just bad driving, but-). This would have sped things up, but regardless I still had a good time.

I'm very hands off when it comes to moderation, it shouldn't be impossible to kick someone, but it might work. But on a road, you'd need to be able to see what's happening.....so maybe the ability to view a player within your 'TAB' list? And then say about 5 votes to be able to kick, I'd prefer higher (thinking like 7), but 5 would be ok.

Then have a mod review the kick after to see if it was correct or not.

*Although looking at the other replies, maybe I'm the most hands on.....but I understand their concerns, I would have them too.

I know the problem, it can be very annoying at times, especially when MANY people are getting frustrated by just ONE ruining the fun for everyone. A kicking system could be abused as mentioned before.

However, I do believe there could a solution for this:
The more reports a user gets, the higher the priority of the report that the Game Moderators gets to see. 
If there for example, someone blocking the road in a very busy area, that user will get many reports. You will likely see this message pop-up: "This user has already been reported."
If it would be possible to 'stack' these reports, the most annoying / gamebraking (hacking) / blocking users can be banned first, so that they don't ruin the fun for even more. 

• Upvote 2

| Coolieboy  
Twitch | YouTube | Cool Convoys | VTC

• 8 months later...