Do you "J-spec"? Show it!

Hello friends,

this topic is all about J-spec trucks. I'll first explain what it is and after that will ask you to post a picture of your J-spec truck.

• What does J-spec mean?
    J-spec derives from the first letter of the username Jarrad, who is/ was a user in the SCS forums.
    Jarrad set the most common specifications (or short spec) of trucks that one would usually see on the roads.

• What are the specifications?
    According to Jarrad's post from 20 May 2015, the initial basic specifications were:

• 1) Don't dry-hump the Kelsa catalogue.......

2) No Garish Japanese cartoon murals, or having flames 'n' s**t across the cab. Remember, these are working trucks.

3) If you need more than 500-510hp, you obviously undertake in the prohibition stated in Rule #1

4) If you need more than 3 axles, see ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

(Source: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=184220 )

Jarrad's specs were extended by a user called abasstreppas as follows:

1. Sideskirts are ok as long as they're just stock

2. Max 500+ hp (it's ok with a slight push over that limit to fit some trucks), No V8 engines (buhu )

3. Stock rear lights

4. Max one(1) lightbar

5. Simple company skin

(Source: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=184220 )

• Here is an example of a J-spec truck:
    odZ1BQf.png

• And you? Do you "J-spec"? Show your J-spec truck below in the comments! 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Somehow Lucky said:

I'm sure i'm not the only one who doesn't get it. I read the full post. But J-Spec is basically stock, no upgrades?

It's okay to not understand something. J-spec excludes all truck configurations that one wouldn't usually see on the roads and thus makes an important contribution to realistic simulation. J-spec therefore allows upgrades, but only to a certain degree.

@FernandoCR [ESP] gave a great example with his new MAN.

The beauty lies in its simplicity.

I don't know, does this still qualify?

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Renault T High 4x2 specs: engine - DTI 13 520, transmission - ATO2612F with retarder, differential ratio - 3,08

Roof LED bar and air horns are optional accessories available from the factory.

Rims are also licenced optional part from Renault Trucks (somehow available on any truck in the game), when you think of it, all tyres and rims, even on stock offer, are aftermarket parts.

Custom colour paint (both truck and the trailer) represent my company, just basic gloss paint.

The idea behind this: I'm using self made mod to cut profits by 95% (along with less draconian bank loans), so figured I will be stuck with this for a very long time, so I will get someting top of the line that is both comfortable and gets the job done, coupled with most versatile and easy to use trailer (Krone Profi Liner with few customizations). I had to take €400 000 loan to cover the costs (€234 284 for truck and €73 285 for trailer) and doing fine.

And it goes the same across the big puddle:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Freightliner Cascadia 72" Sleeper RR 6x4 specs: engine - Integrated Detroit Powertrain DD13 400, transmission - DT12-OA, differential ratio - 2,85, price - $191 176

Trailer is 53 feet tandem axle reefer with roll up door and lift gate, price - $153 410

Everything stock, except for custom company paintjobs and painted rims (not much is seen anyway, cause of aero covers).

• Like 2

Hello @Granite,

At first, I wasn't sure about your 520 hp engine because the user Jarrad set the limitation to 500-510 hp.

But the user abasstreppas allows "a slight push over that limit for some trucks". So 520 hp should be legit.

The rest of your configuration meets the J-spec requirements.

Congratulations @Granite, you are J-spec certified! ✅

• Thanks 1

Upgrades... Engine to 440 HP and tires to Michelin ones. Ready to start a test drive for 998 Km with 28 tons of Chlorine in the back, wish me luck 😄

000000000078A290.jpg

If everything works as it should (and I have no doubt that it will, already did a Quick Job with 27 tons b-Double and 360 HP engine), this will most likely be my "daily" truck. Until the new TGX model is released, then... Who knows?

EDIT: I also changed the paint to "Platin Metallic (MAN 9036)", it fits better with the plastic front bumper and fenders, IMO.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.