Weather Settings For TMP

Suggestion Name:

Nighttime/Daytime Cycle Settings

Suggestion Description:

A Setting that lets you change the weather to Nighttime or Daytime and lets you freeze the Nighttime/Daytime Cycle.

Similar to Beamng.Drive!

Any example images: 

Similar to these settings, although possibly less customizations.

Screenshot2023-04-09194649.png.95d1d5b3e09cb828a717d6c80b04d59c.png

Why should it be added?: 

It would be a nice local only visual, similar to how rain and winter mods are local only as well.

1 minute ago, Flaming. said:

The time of day is intentionally locked for all players. This way the time headlights are required is synced across all players. In a multiplayer simulation game the time of day should be the same for everyone. 

ah, forgot about the good ol' headlights requirement for nighttimes.

If each player has a separate time it will be unrealistic and tmp is already doing its best to make the environment realistic. Think about it, when it is night, the headlights of the opposing player do not turn on and they are not visible, which is very strange + there is a high probability that some players will not be able to see another player without lights at night. accident rate will increase.

• True Story 1

18 hours ago, Chris Flynn said:

Suggestion Name:

Nighttime/Daytime Cycle Settings

Suggestion Description:

A Setting that lets you change the weather to Nighttime or Daytime and lets you freeze the Nighttime/Daytime Cycle.

Similar to Beamng.Drive!

Any example images: 

Similar to these settings, although possibly less customizations.

Screenshot2023-04-09194649.png.95d1d5b3e09cb828a717d6c80b04d59c.png

Why should it be added?: 

It would be a nice local only visual, similar to how rain and winter mods are local only as well.

I think they should add the opportunity that will make the same weather for every player in TMP, because it's strange that for every player the weather is different. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, XxQufDezxX said:

I think they should add the opportunity that will make the same weather for every player in TMP, because it's strange that for every player the weather is different. 

I agree, weather should be fetched locally, synchronized and updated periodically, e.g. every 15 minutes.

But it bears the downside of enforcing a high impact on low performance computers, which in return would lead to lag.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, kelt_kreqht said:

It seems that it is not possible to bring this setting to truckersmp at the moment. However, the singleplayer can already be set up via the console.

Hello @kelt_kreqht,

can you please share the console command to fetch real world weather for Euro Truck Simulator 2 respectively American Tuck Simulator?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Merhaba@kelt_kreqht,

Euro Truck Simulator 2 sırasıyla American Tuck Simulator için gerçek dünya hava durumunu getirmek için konsol komutunu paylaşabilir misiniz?

Hello@bosboğaz 
Of course, you can set your time zone and weather using the same codes in ATS as in ETS 2. You can do this thanks to the clear and instructive video I left below. But I'm sure you know them better than I do. 🙂 
Best regards, 
kelt_kreqht 

1 hour ago, kelt_kreqht said:

Of course, you can set your time zone and weather using the same codes in ATS as in ETS 2. You can do this thanks to the clear and instructive video I left below. But I'm sure you know them better than I do. 🙂 

I was referring to fetching local real world weather from a weather provider and automatically adjusting the weather settings in game.

Example: any good flight simulator.

• Upvote 1
  • HaulieCry 1

• 9 months later...

Hey,

Time is synced for the reasons Flaming and others mentioned above; so that headlights are always on when required when it is dark. 

Weather is currently not synced and there is ongoing debate internally as to whether / how we would add this. 

I will mark your suggestion as On Hold while a more definitive answer comes.