The other players will hear the other player's radio

Suggestion Name: 

The other players will hear the other player's radio

Suggestion description:

Can you please add this function: if you play radio in your truck, the others will hear it too. But make it as an option so players who are disturbed of this function will be able to turn it off; or on the contrary.

Why it should be added: 

I think it'll be fun and somehing new, and maybe it'll make the radio more usable. I personally want to see this in game!

!ON A NOTE! - Of course the players will hear the other player's radio only if they're driving close to the player with the radio. Also players will hear it if their truck's window/s is/are open.

Edited by XxQufDezxX
Sent this request not as needed, so now I edited it so it'll be right.
  • Upvote 1

Hello @XxQufDezxX,

First of all, it was a fun topic, but I would like to express my own thoughts. Such a thing can be done, of course, but it would be very disturbing. Of course, we can choose this as an option, but there are users who are new to the game and there are people who do not know the settings in the game. This can make people uncomfortable.

Regards,

'Nhympex.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stones8000 said:

This would be a mess in highly populated areas and non-collision zones

I agree. In heavy traffic, I think this feature will mess up the game.

• Like 1

Languages: EN / KRNJAP |  Discord: werzey

TruckersMP Support System  | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Report System | Appeal Ban 

spacer.png  

As everyone said, it would be very confusing, but as other friends said, it would be nice if it was heard only as long as the window was open while crossing the road, it would be a click closer to realism.

But this time, when multiple players turned it on at the same time, it would make a mess just like the radio system.

14 hours ago, 'Matheja said:

As everyone said, it would be very confusing, but as other friends said, it would be nice if it was heard only as long as the window was open while crossing the road, it would be a click closer to realism.

But this time, when multiple players turned it on at the same time, it would make a mess just like the radio system.

I don't think that the other players will hear that radio very loud, because if so then I agree with you that this'll be a mess. 

On 4/8/2023 at 11:56 AM, Werzey* said:

I agree. In heavy traffic, I think this feature will mess up the game.

Players can turn on or turn off this function, and you'll hear this only if your truck's window is open. I think they should give this request a chance, if it'll go wrong, then they'll delete it..

On 4/8/2023 at 2:05 AM, Stones8000 said:

This would be a mess in highly populated areas and non-collision zones

Players can turn on or turn off this function, and you'll hear this only if your truck's window is open. I think they should give this request a chance, if it'll go wrong, then they'll delete it.

On 4/8/2023 at 1:34 AM, Flaming. said:

There will be possible licensing issues with this. I'm not too familiar with the area, but in the UK radio stations need a license to broadcast music. I would imagine we would need licenses to support this, which aren't cheap. 

I'm sorry if I didn't understand you right, but there's already lots of radio stations in the game and every player can listen to it if he/she wants. So I don't think there will be a need for the licenses, because they already have it how I understood.

On 4/9/2023 at 11:12 AM, XxQufDezxX said:

I'm sorry if I didn't understand you right, but there's already lots of radio stations in the game and every player can listen to it if he/she wants. So I don't think there will be a need for the licenses, because they already have it how I understood.

The problem would be that instead of players being able to play radio locally on their machine, it would instead be the case that TruckersMP is now broadcasting the music to other people. Which would then be a licensing issue. On top of this, players can add their own radio stations to their game by adding it to the game files etc so its not just the default ones that need licensing.

Stones8000

spacer.png

status.png

• 9 months later...