Optimizing the tab Menu.

Little Meow

Hello all,

I just want to know if anyone had fps drops when you have the tab menu open. Since the last few updates, I am getting fps drops whenever I am opening the tab menu. I have also asked this question about the city of Duisburg and a few people also told me that opening the ran menu gives them an fps drop.

I request TMP staff members kindly pls look at the issue coz there are a few players with low-end PC and running the game at low fps.

Thank you

I had this problem with my old computer, which was low-equipped, and then I bought a new computer and the problem disappeared. However, although there is not much fps drop in areas with +30 people, as soon as I open TAB, -20 fps suddenly reflects. It happens 60% of the time, but not always. Whether I scale down or keep it high, the problem is a bit specific. It happens not always everywhere but in certain times and conditions. It could be an obsessive Tmp bug that I've encountered for years. I think the authorities are aware of it, but the solution may not be clear. 🤔

• HaulieLove 1

Greetings, @Rishi Lakshman

I have experienced this issue myself, and it is most likely caused by the hardware of your computer.

I have been testing this personally as i had this issue from time to time too.

It will variate of these things (as far as i can remember)

- Your Graphic Settings (Between Low-Medium-Ultra - In some cases is this happening at Low settings due to poor hardware)

- Your Computer Hardware

- Amount of nearby players

- Recording meanwhile

Usually this will be caused because you are loading:

- MS of a player

- Distance towards a player

- Vehicle Data (Not on tab list)

Which is the numbers that constantly will change.

Let us say that you enter Calais on a good day, assumed to be 200 players. You will then load 200 player's vehicle data (their truck and accessories - Not shown on tablist) and their MS/Distance on tab. 
With 200 players to constantly load, you will experience drops towards your FPS as your hardware may not be new enough to support this amount of rendering data, and because the data is changing every second once it loads a new player, or once it updates a player that is driving, while you are having the tab shown verses when it is hidden

Hope i was a help to understand it a little better! ❤️ 

My supported languages:

English, Danish, Norwegian

Helpfull Links:

Support | Rules | FeedbackAppeal

• 1 month later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.