Vote: Local speed limit on the Calais-Duisburg road

Interstate Nomad

Vote: Local speed limit on the Calais-Duisburg road  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support a local speed limit of 60 km/h on the Calais-Duisburg road?

• Yes, I do support a local speed limit.
    • No, I do not support a local speed limt.

8 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Further reconstructions of the C-D area with significant changes to the intrastructure will turn the map even more into fiction, which counteracts the idea of "Road To Simulation".

Besides of that, I doubt that these edits will have the desired result, if issues related to speed differences aren't taken into consideration.

The difference between reconstruction and speed is that one can handle more load while one is more restrictive. Look at old Duisburg. Speed in the city before NCZ couldn't handle the load. NCZ came, it eased it until the east exit. Then the reconstruction came and it's not a problem area anymore.

The entire map is simulation. It's how you play it that becomes your simulation. My way is a tad realistic while going fast.

CD was fantasy prior to 2017. It was only used as a Simulation Road.

3 hours ago, Somehow Lucky said:

The difference between reconstruction and speed is that one can handle more load while one is more restrictive. Look at old Duisburg. Speed in the city before NCZ couldn't handle the load. NCZ came, it eased it until the east exit. Then the reconstruction came and it's not a problem area anymore.

Could handle more load while being restrictive, but couldn't handle load because of being restrictive? What, you even contradict yourself?

Old Duisburg or every other city in the game just simply wasn't designed for mass multiplayer in the first place, and TruckersMP certainly didn't ever encourage anyone to hang out in only one or two places in the whole map.

The choice is yours, one could easily find better places to be.

If those who frequent the C-D road but won't stop complaining about bad drivers, jams, whatever and keep coming up with ideas for improvements, instead of getting together and finding greener grass and leave that cursed road for troll's playground, but there seems to be no leaders or leading examples to that community to speak of, other than "content creators" and flocks that follows them. 

The entire map is simulation. It's how you play it that becomes your simulation. My way is a tad realistic while going fast.

It's either simulation, or it's not. Your simulation, doesn't mean it's proper simulation when various rules and settings allow something that isn't realistic. TruckersMP gives you this freedom, but it's nowhere near simualtion and their servers shouldn't even be falsely advertising so.

CD was fantasy prior to 2017. It was only used as a Simulation Road.

Serious? I must have been playing different game back then.

This actually made me chuckle.:LUL:

6 hours ago, Granite said:

Could handle more load while being restrictive, but couldn't handle load because of being restrictive? What, you even contradict yourself?

Old Duisburg or every other city in the game just simply wasn't designed for mass multiplayer in the first place, and TruckersMP certainly didn't ever encourage anyone to hang out in only one or two places in the whole map.

The choice is yours, one could easily find better places to be.

If those who frequent the C-D road but won't stop complaining about bad drivers, jams, whatever and keep coming up with ideas for improvements, instead of getting together and finding greener grass and leave that cursed road for troll's playground, but there seems to be no leaders or leading examples to that community to speak of, other than "content creators" and flocks that follows them. 

It's either simulation, or it's not. Your simulation, doesn't mean it's proper simulation when various rules and settings allow something that isn't realistic. TruckersMP gives you this freedom, but it's nowhere near simualtion and their servers shouldn't even be falsely advertising so.

Serious? I must have been playing different game back then.

This actually made me chuckle.:LUL:

I do venture from CD from time to time. Even with me being somewhat of a content creator, it isn't enough to tell the masses "There's a whole free map out there. Explore it." Since that's what the game has it mind. However, showing my delivery from A to B is rather boring.

TMP's rules only go so far with Simulation. They can have server side config settings that overwrite some of your settings. They also have to limit the servers to 1 simulation and 1 arcade. In addition, they would also need scripts and other detection methods if they really wanted to enforce "Simulation". Again, it only goes so far.

But since everyone doesn't like the idea of reconstruction and would rather slow it down, let's make CD 1 KMH. Problem solved.

17 hours ago, Somehow Lucky said:

The difference between reconstruction and speed is that one can handle more load while one is more restrictive.

Naturally, the more lanes a road has, the more traffic volume it can carry. But handling more traffic doesn't address speed difference issue.

Would it be necessary to harmonize speed differences if more lanes were available? I think the answer is yes, because the only difference would be more space for rampage.

Still there would be players who would drive at a slower speed and players who would drive at a faster speed. Hence the speed difference issue would remain unsolved.

As a player who drives as real as possible, I follow local speed limits. On the Calais-Duisburg road, local speed limit signages already dictate speed limits of 80 km/h, 60 km/h and 50 km/h.

Therefore, an enforced speed limit of 60 km/h wouldn't be more restrictive than what already exists, for me at least. The only difference would be that players couldn't ignore the speed limit anymore.

9 hours ago, Somehow Lucky said:

But since everyone doesn't like the idea of reconstruction and would rather slow it down, let's make CD 1 KMH. Problem solved.

I wouldn't go so far and claim that nobody likes your idea of reconstructing the Calais-Duisburg area, just because we have an interesting discussion about it with different point of views.

It's totally fine to not agree on one idea only, and it doesn't mean that one idea is better than the other.

The result of this vote already shows a strong tendency that a majority would not support an enforced lower speed limit on the Calais-Duisburg road (even IF it could reduce the number of accidents and improve the flow of traffic).

And that's the purpose of this vote. 🙂

1 hour ago, blabberbeak said:

The result of this vote already shows a strong tendency that a majority would support an enforced lower speed limit on the Calais-Duisburg road (even IF it could reduce the number of accidents and improve the flow of traffic).

I believe that you mistyped there... The result of the poll would show that a majority does NOT support a local speed limit... Which is not a surprise, TBH, even when most of the negatives are based in 2 completely different mindsets: The ones who want to keep having the same things on that road and the ones (like me) who want to have the former confined in that area so they don't wreak havoc in other places.

13 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I believe that you mistyped there... The result of the poll would show that a majority does NOT support a local speed limit... Which is not a surprise, TBH, even when most of the negatives are based in 2 completely different mindsets: The ones who want to keep having the same things on that road and the ones (like me) who want to have the former confined in that area so they don't wreak havoc in other places.

Thanks for pointing it out! 🙂 I've seen it already before and corrected it.

• 1 month later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

Archived