In-Game Tutorial For New Players

Chance The Pup

I know this might be close to a few topics but I was wondering don’t you guys think it be perfect to have new players that are joining the game be present with a in-game tutorial when a new player has arrived to the game and support all languages of the players choosing teach them do’s and don’t’s ? this could help minimize the trolling or even help for new players to understand the game better and help avoid an in-game to the player that and there would be 0 excuses room for the player to say ” they really didn’t know “ when clearly the in-game tutorial showed otherwise. 

this be a great idea also for the forum & the discord. 

- Project Manager Of VCC : https://vcc-online.eu/ 

Owner : Of Airlift Legends Community & CEO Of Airlift Legends Trucking [ AL ]   
AL - Discord : 
https://discord.gg/wMb8ng6WfV 

The game has its own tutorial. It's quite simple, but with that and the initial Quick job, it should be enough for new players to learn at least the basics. Whoever doesn't feel comfortable has single player to practice all they want before joining MP. The problem is that most new players don't want that. They want a cheated profile, get the biggest truck, the biggest trailer, fill them with lights and the most accessories possible and drive full speed. Because that's what they saw and liked in the most popular Youtube videos.

Even without tutorials, there's the "pop-up" for all new players that has the in-game rules. That's all they need to be aware of if they want to avoid problems. And guess what? Most new players will just scroll down and hit "Accept" without even thinking about reading them.

I agree with statement from above, but also if that was the case on how would it work this tutorial? and if they pass this test how do you know if they following the rules ? 

I do believe that the in-game rules is enough, you need to read it in order to accept it. it shows still that players don't follow these simple rules so what is a tutorial gonna change about it ? 

Yeah is nice and all to learn something what do's and don'ts is, but i can guarantee even after completing a tutorial players still getting banned.

Although the idea is nice but i don't think is actually contributing anything. 

For multiplayer itself, there should be tests so new players can learn the basics. What to do and not to do. Which may help but may have its benefits and not. I suspect it will not make much difference anyway.

There is a tutorial that teaches about basics of the gameplay, not how to drive a truck properly. If anything more is planned, only SCS knows, and surely it's probably beyond ability and out of interest of TMP developers to add something like that into the game. And even if SCS adds any kind of additional challenges, it will be probbaly more for a fun, than simulating everything necessary one needs to go through to be eligible to drive a truck.

Trolls are not trolls because of lack of tutorial or knowledge, any individual who wish to improve their knowledge and abilities can find sources to learn from all over internet.

Something more than a keyboard for controls and some in-game practice in safety of singleplayer would not hurt either, you don't have to jump to multiplayer after mandatory 2 hours of background running, I remember how scared I was first time joining TMP server after hunreds of hours spent in singleplayer.

TMP rules are always accessible, quite simple and easy to follow and there isn't really anything more TMP could possibly do but enfoce their own rules. Of course many of rule breaking goes unoticed, but that's because how accessible TMP is to anyone and how they set up the servers. I think the only option would be setting up servers with different rules which would divide the community and that's not what TMP wants, but will probably still need to do if they ever manage to include AI traffic in multiplayer. Besides I think many of the players looking for true simulation driving have either left or are waiting for something groundbraking like that, before returning, I know I do.

9 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

I agree with statement from above, but also if that was the case on how would it work this tutorial? and if they pass this test how do you know if they following the rules ? 

I do believe that the in-game rules is enough, you need to read it in order to accept it. it shows still that players don't follow these simple rules so what is a tutorial gonna change about it ? 

Yeah is nice and all to learn something what do's and don'ts is, but i can guarantee even after completing a tutorial players still getting banned.

Although the idea is nice but i don't think is actually contributing anything. 

I fully agree on this statement but i feel it should be a enforced process for the tutorial

- Project Manager Of VCC : https://vcc-online.eu/ 

Owner : Of Airlift Legends Community & CEO Of Airlift Legends Trucking [ AL ]   
AL - Discord : 
https://discord.gg/wMb8ng6WfV 

And this is why before playing Truckers MP you have to play 2 hours singleplayer, so you know the game, most of the people already did the tutorial in this 2 hours time in singleplayer, but recently i see in game chat people saying "how do i turn off cb radio?" there must be some game tutorial for multiplayer, like showing how to turn off CB radio, or showing Truckers MP ID near the nickname etc etc

@User_4447860 There's a Knowledge base, there's the forums, there's Discord, there's lots of Youtube tutorials. Players who don't know how to do this, do that, use this or use that, have everything they need to learn available at their fingertips. Sadly, it seems that for too many people doing a bit or research and try to figure things out by themselves is too much of an effort.

3 hours ago, -TurboStar- said:

And this is why before playing Truckers MP you have to play 2 hours singleplayer, so you know the game, most of the people already did the tutorial in this 2 hours time in singleplayer, but recently i see in game chat people saying "how do i turn off cb radio?" there must be some game tutorial for multiplayer, like showing how to turn off CB radio, or showing Truckers MP ID near the nickname etc etc

I wouldn't say a tutorial, but when you join the first time, a pop-up shows up with the default keybinds of TMP 

Kind regards,

Loexie   

Bruijn Logistics | Senior Human Resources

SCS had Spoilerd  their plans to add some kind of driving school ......including how to steer them around the corner as well.  

had been at the beginning of 19 or 2020...  

since its vanilla it could be adapted to the client. 

also the 2 hours regulation is not hardcoded 

i managed to enter the server with 0 hours in game and a new profile.  

i trolled the living crap out of the other ppl that day and suprise .... i could still go on since the testaccount never seen a ban. 

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

• Nody locked this topic

Archived