Veteran Driver V
 TruckersMP Profile
  • Last visited

About ROADY'O

Recent Profile Visitors

2086 profile views

ROADY'O's Achievements

Community Answers

1. From the stories I've heard about those admins I'm not sure how close I wanna get. Know what I mean? Hugs for all.
  2. Hey man, long time no see. I'm back playing MP now that Promods is released. Hope you're doing well. I know you must be busier than a one legged man in an azz kickin' contest! ?

1. KevinXuzio

KevinXuzio

I have many questions about the innuendo at the end, however I'm afraid to ask..

2. ROADY'O

ROADY'O

Did the meaning get lost in translation?

3. A major milestone for sure. Great job TruckersMP Team!
  4. I thought TruckersMP was providing the def info through the launcher. No/Yes?
  5. I sure hope you're right. The map will be so huge you may never see another player for days. ?
  6. Should be sooner or later. Maybe sooner but probably later. But definitely no sooner than later. When it's good and ready or at least ready. We're waiting on the other guy to finish changing his stuff so we can change our stuff without having to change it again because the other guy changed his mind. Unfortunately even though our stuff is based on his stuff he doesn't tell us anything about it so no one will say he said it will be ready sooner than it is and make everybody look bad and get swamped with responses filled with messages of discontent and ire. I am predicting it will be released on a Monday maybe not this Monday but maybe the Monday after. Certainly not more than " A few months" of Mondays aka Someday soon. At least they're nice enough not to say what they are probably thinking like "When it's #$%^ good and ready you bunch of @#$%^& little *&^E%$ ^ go $(#&$*%*" yourselves." Oh what a tangled web we weave.
  7. Hopefully soon we will have some AI traffic in MP which would help to eliminate the feeling there is nobody left but you on the planet. I'm sure this problem was discussed between the TruckersMP/Promods partners. Also, there are many in the ETS2/ATS community that refuse to play MP because of the immature nature of too many of its current players. From my viewpoint the game admins are too tolerant of this behavior and need to start permanently banning or banishing them to arcade server instead of just kicking them. The result of this is the bad players stay and the good players leave.
  8. Is the server coming online today?
  9. Congrats to all the team on a great project. I hope MP will be officially supported and out of alpha someday soon. Does anyone know what percentage of the 1 million were demo version?
  10. Always nice to see improvements, thanks to all those responsible!
  11. If you watched both videos you know Pavel talks about both a LAN based option and WAN based MMO, and when he mentions ETS2MP he says "we see it only as a little sandbox" so that sure sounds like he plans to provide more capacity and more options for MMO through World of Trucks that will most likely include many large VTC's and an interface that will make organizing large convoys and other multiplayer events easier for the end user. The potential between ETS2 players and all the new ATS players should certainly exceed the few thousand that are typically playing during peak times on the current ETS2MP EU1 and EU2 servers. I think that's one of the reasons the release of ATS is taking longer than originally anticipated because they are seeing a huge interest in the multiplayer aspect of the game and want to insure it will be capable of handling the larger user base. Let's be realistic, if he figures out how to make MP work properly where do you think all of your user base will be migrating to? I'm sure he has more resources for larger servers and now that he has the brain trust with rootkiller all the lessons learned in this "little sandbox" called ETS2MP will be his to play with in his "BIG SANDBOX". The other major difference he'll have in his favor is PAYING customers. Currently any 5 year old that has a demo copy of ETS2 can just sign up on ETS2MP and play for free and it's obvious they have. I seriously doubt that will be Pavels' business model. For now it's all still a guessing game but if I was a bettin' man I would say there's a big shakeup a comin' and I've seen a few shakeups starting with the original console and a game called PONG. Progress marches on and I for one am looking forward to it. Happy Trails ========== And thanks for all the fish.
  12. I think they will go where the market leads them. Myself I would prefer a LAN based option for playing with a few friends that also includes AI traffic. Then add a WAN based option for joining larger convoys or VTC's etc. At some point you need to add some AI traffic or create new roles for players to drive other vehicles such as the police cruiser maybe an ambulance to haul away the injured from accidents, a fire truck, tow truck, taxi, bus, limousine etc. I think if nothing else ETS2MP as it has existed over the last year has proven that throwing anybody and everybody onto one server is just too problematic for a driving simulator that requires more skill than just pointing and shooting. I have to admit though even with all of the chaos it's been an interesting year!
  13. Pavel talks about multiplayer and also says the feature sets for ATS and ETS will be identical. That to me means ETS WILL support MP when it's added to ATS. I know they have stated in the PAST that it would not be support. That seems to have changed recently. http://steamcommunity.com/app/270880/discussions/0/541907867772702320/ Also in this interview. @ 8:53 specifically Question: So you plan to implement multiplayer to ATS and ETS2? Answer: For sure. How much clearer can that be? Looks like maybe SCS has cut a deal with World of Trucks to provide the MP experience. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcBr-KUEv2Y So in response, THIS is what I'm going on about. Thank you. BTW “Your” is a possessive pronoun, as in “your car” or “your blog.” “You’re” is a contraction for “you are,” as in “you’re screwing up your writing by using your when you really mean you are.”
  14. So what's going to happen when SCS adds MP to their retail release next year? Will this project simply remain a testing platform for them and advertising revenue generator/tax write off in alpha forever?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.