Sliding Truck

Gagaitza69

Question

Hello! After the 1.33 update, my truck slides somehow. When I accelerate fast it starts sliding. When I'm braking, the truck goes crazy! It slides to the left, to the right and I finish hitting someone.. 

Why does this happen? It feels like is ice on the road. I dont have any mods.

11 answers to this question

This is normal.

If you accelerate too fast and try to take a turn too fast you may not have the grip to take the turn, plus some chassis are simply not as good as others when it comes to certain tasks. Ex. 4x2 is not very good at heavy haul, while 8x4 is great at it.

If you have your brake intensity up too high the rear wheels will lock up, causing you to slide around as you try to stop.

1 minute ago, S p a r k i e said:

This is normal.

If you accelerate too fast and try to take a turn too fast you may not have the grip to take the turn, plus some chassis are simply not as good as others when it comes to certain tasks.

If you have your brake intensity up too high the rear wheels will lock up, causing you to slide around as you try to stop.

Thanks for replying! I have the brake intensity full to the right. But as I said, before 1.33 it was normal. When I was braking and I wanted to steer left and right, the truck wasn't sliding and i could steer slowly left and right. 

Dear @Gagaitza69,

The 1.33 update brought some physics improvements with it.

Based on your story I'd say that the cargo you selected is too heavy for your truck (combination of chassis and engine).

Besides upgrading your truck you could also try to accelerate and brake more proportional.

CptAir

For example: when I'm crossing a bridge, you know guys, the cabin truck shakes. The moment when the truck go a little up because of the road. So, when this happens, at the very small turn of the wheel, 5 degrees for example, the truck slides. I crash into the sides of the road, I rollover. Even if I brake, when I brake I make it worse. I think its because of new physics, BUT THEY ARE NOT REAL HELL NO

Hello,

We'd like to get information if your problem has been solved now!

Sincerely,

AdaBey
TruckersMP Support

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

2 hours ago, Gagaitza69 said:

Now I can control the truck. Thanks. Somehow it's solved.

Hello,

Thank you everyone for your participation ! ;)

Best regards,

//Locked & moved to solved

TruckersMP -  Forum Moderator
Staff since 2017

Languages: French ~ English ~ Spanish

Open a Support Ticket | Appeal your Ban | Report a Player | Join us !