Is going slow on the C-D road considered blocking?

sesamert16

The first time I drove on the C-D road I drove 100 kmh the first half, or around 60 mph. I crashed way too often, and the crashes were major. I even rolled over around one of the curves. The second half I went 80 kmh, around 50 mph, and I still crashed a lot. 

The second time I had to drive the C-D road I drove 60 kmh, or around 40. This was the worst speed. People kept overtaking me when it was obviously not safe, and when they hit a guardrail, another truck, a tree, whatever, their trailer would ricochet and hit me. Other times people just rammed into the side of me to avoid hitting oncoming traffic. In short, I crashed even more often than I did going 100 and 80 kmh. 

The third time I drove on the C-D road I was picking up a caravan in one of the cities surrounding Duisburg so I was on the C-D road. This was, at most, an hour ago. I was driving 20 to 40 kmh. It was glorious. If somebody crashed, I had time to react and I could go around them and not crash. I don't think I crashed even once, besides that one time I scraped my car's side against a guardrail. 

Side effect - there was always tons of traffic behind me. Also, the same phenomenon occurred where people would idiotically overtake and cause crashes. I even saw a 5 or 6 truck pileup occur because of this. I wasn't involved in the accidents though, and they weren't my fault, so I didn't really care.

I was halfway between the interchange with the highway to Liege and the interchange with the highway to Brussel/Rotterdam when I got kicked for "blocking." So this is my question: is going slow on the C-D road considered blocking? I thought blocking was only when one intentionally stopped or parked in a way that meant that nobody could use the road. I can be moving while blocking?

there's just one thing I recommend

i think that in such cases must move, but you can be banned as a result of a misunderstanding so you can always be on the alert with a video record program  to justify such situations.

Pleasant regards

Kamer

Veteran Driver II

dcba905cdac6291ae8932f4fba24668b.png

role_veteran-ii1.png.ec521170e6dbabfa52c

You can communicate with me (:

I'd use a simple driving rule here: You should drive as fast as you know you can safely take turns, and especially only as fast as you know you can stop.  Some people have skills to drive faster than others, and theres not much that can be done about it. For me, the best speed is the EU truck limiter, 90 kmh. Of course, in certain sections it's better to increase your speed to about 100 km/h. It is not necessarily safe to go lower than 50 km/h. Then, you would be causing collisions, and major traffic backups. You'll also have a pretty high chance of getting cut off for going that slow.

So in my opinion, 20-40 km/h is WAY too slow. If I were a moderator, i'd look at what traffic its causing, and how traffic is reacting to you before acting.

Also, technically, yes.

§2.3 - Blocking*

Restricting a user's travel path, blocking entrances to highways or other entry points or anything similar.

But only because the rule is fairly vague, so it is entirely up to the moderator. Also keep in mind though, some game mods tend to just kick loads of people for things they aren't doing. For example, I was sitting on the side of the highway in a somewhat popular area, and I was kicked for "reckless driving". Nobody around me. Don't take the kick reasons literally, because there seems to be some game mods that don't change the reason for each person they kick.

Keep in mind, im not staff, but I hope this can help.

Driving too slow is not really a smart move, and might even be considered blocking by some of our Game Moderators as you're purposely driving slow. People will overtake you, and accidents will happen. If you drive at the speed that is adviced for that road (about 80 km/h) you're fine. If accidents will happen that way, and you have followed our rules, you'll be fine. 

Tip: Record yourself in-game to prevent unjustified bans.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

If you cannot drive on C-D with constant speed at least 80 km/h, the best solution is to avoid this road I think... I have never had any problem to make it through any of curves on this road at 80/90 km/h even with 30t trailer... If you have a car, you can make it even when you are going 150 km/h into most of the curves on C-D, but that's waay dangerous and I DON'T recommend you to try it when you have problems going 80 with car... There's absolutely no reason to go 40 km/h with car, that's just waay to slow and you are blocking traffic when going at such a slow speed ...

Alis*

The best job is one you can play The Witcher 3 in - click

That road has different speed limits: 80 Km/h for the French/Dutch stretches, 60 Km/h for the German ones, 50 Km/h at some points (gas stations, borders between countries). Theoretically, the minimum speeds should be 40-30-25 (at least in Spain, the minimum allowed generic speed for any roads is 50% of the maximum allowed one unless your vehicle is having problems). Recommendation is to drive as fast as allowed if there's nothing that forces the driver to go slower (heavy traffic, weather conditions, tight turns, etc.) Driving on that road doing 20-40 Km/h all the time would be definitely against the rules at some points. If you can't go faster than that, the solution is simple: Don't use that road. There are alternate routes on highways that join both cities, going North or South, where everyone can drive faster (because of the higher speed limits and mostly because of the roads being a lot wider and with less bends). I discovered a long time ago that using the highway on the South (driving near Liege) saves a lot of time, even when the route is longer, simply because it's faster (and I follow speed limits strictly) but mostly because there are not so many "idiots on the road" doing crazy stuff and causing jams every few Kms.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear @sesamert16

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for community.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and Moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived