IpersistFile::Save Failed; Code 0x80070002. The system cannot find the file specified

Alexadamu9112

Question

9 answers to this question

Hello :) 

Do you have this Problem just on MP or SP too?

Which system you are using? -> 32 or 64 bit?

Are you sure there isn't antivirus program or anything else that prevents the installation?

Then try these:

• Go to Steam Library
  • Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2
  • Properties
  • Local Files
  • Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Wait until the game files are verified and try whether the error still occurs.
  • After you did that it shows up some download on Steam.
  • Try after that to Start the Launcher with -> Admin

Try to create the multiplayer directory manually, and see if that would proceed any further by actually creating the game files. If not, try to re-install the launcher by this way

• Press the Windows Key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard
  • Enter "%programdata%" and press Enter (without the quotes)
  • Find the folder "TruckersMP" and delete that folder.
  • Navigate to C:\Program Files\ and delete the folder named "TruckersMP Launcher"
  • Go to our website and re-download and install the Launcher with admin privileges https://truckersmp.com/download/
  • Open The Launcher with admin privileges and click "Install Available Updates"

Maybe your virus scanner is blocking the application to launch. Add launcher.exe to exclusions to solve the problem.

If you're using BitDefender, ensure you have enabled exclusions for bitdefender and then add the launcher.exe to exclusions.  Please use https://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-add-exclusions-(exceptions)-in-bitdefender-2015-1307.htmlfor reference.

Here, you can look at the following link about your problem. http://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/fix-error-code-0x80070002-the-system-cannot-find-the-file-specified/

Also watch these videos

Spoiler

Hope it's alright that I chime in here.

I had this issue once and I tried every single suggested solution online (including all of the above). Nothing worked. The only way I got windows to update and apply the latest patch was by reinstalling the entire OS.

In any case - @Alexadamu9112 try the above suggestions, but if nothing helps, I would suggest you reinstall your Windows. It's always nice to get a "fresh start" anyway ;)

khi there,

√.Press Windows key + R and type “diskmgmt.msc” to open disk management.

001_how-to-open-disk-management-from-com

.Right click  the Windows system partition (Which generally is C:) and select “Mark Partition as Active.“

mark-partition-as-active.png

√ Restart the computer to confirm the changes.

Pleasant regards

Kamer

Veteran Driver II

dcba905cdac6291ae8932f4fba24668b.png

role_veteran-ii1.png.ec521170e6dbabfa52c

You can communicate with me (:

Dear @Alexadamu9112

Some players also have this problem and  then i provide them with a solution below to this problem .

And it has been solved

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/ipersist-0x80070002-error/83992e3f-2233-4ed7-a5e0-de8bf52fe035

Have a try

• Like 1

Hello,

Multiple great answers have been given. Did the given answers help you? Please let us know!

Sincerely,
AdaBey
TruckersMP Support

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.