TruckersMP refusing to launch

rrusty301

Question

So as the title says, TruckersMP is refusing to launch. I opened Task Manager and it shows it trying, but literally one second after attempting to launch, it disappears from my task manager and does absolutely nothing. No error or anything. Please help?

Also, ive uninstalled and reinstalled, tried running as administrator, tried running in compatibility mode, with no changes either.

14 answers to this question

Hello,

• As you enter the launcher,closing the antivirus and unnecessary programs.
  • Try remove TruckersMP folders(all) and re-install.
  • Run this launcher as administrator.

Hello,

reinstall Truckersmp and I hope you have the latest version of euro truck simulator (1.31) and the latest one from truckersmp. If it does not work but you have already started the launcher go into the task manager and search the process, if you have found it click with right click on it and then finish on process. Then start the launcher again. Otherwise, you can still try to open the launcher with administrator (on the launcher right-click and "run as administrator") try it.

I hope I could help otherwise tell me if it does not work.;)

Happy Trucking!

Hello,

You can try verify integrity of game cache by using this steps : Library > ETS2 right click > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache.

If it doesn't work, you should delete Documents/ETS2MP.

Also, You should start TruckersMP as admin. This is really important.

And try to start TruckersMP with DirectX (64)

•  Go to your steam App
  •  Go to library
  •  Go to ETS 2 / ATS
  •  Click "Play" 
  •  Choose "Launch with DirectX (64-bit). Make sure you chose 64 bit.
  •  Start ETS 2
  •  Choose your profile and press "drive"
  •  Close ETS 2
  •  Start TruckersMP as admin. TruckersMP will start with DirectX for all time. Except you change it again.
  • Also try to reinstall TruckersMP.
  • Go to '%programdata%' and delete the folder 'TruckersMP'. After that uninstall TruckersMP and download the MOD again: https://truckersmp.com/download -> Launch the installer as admin

Finally, please look at this topic:

Best regards.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

I actually was able to play before. I changed nothing between the time i last played and the next time i went to play about a week later.

PC Specs are NVIDIA Geforce GTX960M with an i7-6700HQ @ 2.60GHz. Ran the game on Med-High settings across the board without issues.

Hello.

Then i actually don't know if the above aswerss has'nt helped and your pc specs are alright what i can see and as you have been able befor,
The only thing i can come up with is deactivating any anti virus and portforward and after that do a complete reinstall of truckersmp.
I hope you find a solution and would like you to inform us wen you do so that other's can find a solution if they get the same problem.

Regards Rasmus(SWE)

image.png.a6a307d963f66b70d9bbc05ad8c0f806.png Since November 21, 2014

image.png.8dda56c1044eaadc5aa516fcf7e98c9f.png Since November 21, 2019

Well I think what I’m going to do is completely reinstall both games, then the MP client. I will update when I finish this process and let you know how it goes.

As for my antivirus, I don’t think I actually have one installed but I could be wrong.

Another question..... What if i dont have a TruckersMP folder in %programdata% ?

And if i absolutely need one, is there any way to have one copied or sent to me? or is it personal for every player.

UPDATE: It seems the installer isnt placing the files for the MP sections back in the Documents folder. Any assistance?

It has been over 3 days since the last reply. Because of that, I'll move this topic to Inactive.

//Locked & moved to Inactive