Password for VTC-specific member tags in-game.

Gabi Villanueva

Suggestion Name: Add a password function for VTC members who use their company tag in-game.

Suggestion Description: It would benefit the VTCs because VTC owners would know that only their rightful members will be able to use that specific tag.

Any example images: No.

Why should it be added: At the moment, anyone can lie and put a company tag and act as if they are a member of that VTC. This is a suggestion to avoid such situations. With a password, VTC owners can then manage and control who uses their company tag more efficiently.

Edited by MettleMeat
Edited to have a clearer picture of the suggestion.

-1 I don't really think something like this would be worth the effort as I doubt its that big of a problem but also might be a bit unfair as people might have similar tags and with so many different VTC's in MP it could cause issues

Edited by Killua // Ireland ^_^
  • True Story 2

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

This idea is a yes and no with me, reasons listed below :P

The reason why I think it should be added is because I have issues with a owner of another VTC using *DDH Owner* as there tag even when I told them to remove it (they was being a pain because I banned them from my Discord server for bullying my staff member), which was during my convoy which then caused LARGE issues with convoy controlling.

The reason why I don't think it should be added is because the download file for the TruckersMP update would be increased and bad for people with slow internet speeds. It can also cause issues if you forget the password so which then would have to be reset. A staff member can also give out that password with out the Owner knowing so which then there is no point of having a set tag. Also, if a new VTC a rises, then they would have to contact a member of TruckersMP development team to put the tag in and set a password. Which then comes to my other point of that pretty much EVERY VTC would have to be contacted for a custom tag and password.

I'm not saying that I don't think it shouldn't be added, it would be nice to see something like this to stop confusion of real and non-real members of a VTC.

I hope many more people will like this idea because I do, but there a loads of issues that needs to be addressed.

Edited by [DHH Owner] Dragon777
Correcting some words :P

TruckersMP_Signature2.png?width=1442&hei

A password can be shared (by accident) and thus is not really gonna fix much. I get where you're coming from, but there are better ways to handle this sort of situations.

We got plans for something like this, but that's still a long way off.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.