Anyone Have Experience w/ Wine Bottler & Truckers MP Installation for Mac?

cleipelt

Question

I just bought American Truck Simulator after months of interest in it, and one of my main reasons of interest was the multiplayer function. I did not realize that the multiplayer was not a built in feature, nor did I know that the only way to properly install the multiplayer mod was through a Windows PC :(

I tried to run the installer of Truckers MP via Wine Bottler or Wine, and surprisingly everything was running smoothly. The only problem is when I get a few steps into the installation, I'm unable to find the directory folder for ATS. I tried looking through my documents, applications, desktop, and I have nothing related to American Truck Simulator other than the actual application itself. Is this directory folder only appear on a Windows computer when initially installing ATS? Or would it be possible for someone to send me their directory folder so I can see if it works with my installation for Truckers MP? 

Thanks

Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 8.22.25 AM.png

7 answers to this question

WineBottler (and Wine) aren’t supported anymore as they only support 32 bit emulation.

The only way of running MP on a Mac is to use Boot Camp Assistant https://support.apple.com/en-gb/boot-camp and dual booting with Windows- you should install a 64 bit version of Windows that’s Windows 7 SP1 or higher- a link can be found here to download an ISO- https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/home (A valid product key should be bought legally!)

• Upvote 1

Hello @cleipelt

-Choose the area where the American Truck Simulator game is installed (C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ American Truck Simulator).

To find the directory where the game is installed;

We open the Steam program and come to the "Library" tab.We right-click on the game we want to learn about and click "Properties".We come to the "LOCAL FILES" tab and click on "BROWSE LOCAL FILES ...".We choose the path in the file window in the setup

-Next "button to continue installation.

-Select "Create a desktop icon" and continue installation 

-Press "Install" button to start uploading files

-Finish "button to complete the installation.

Regards

BigLarge.

If WineBottler doesn't support 64 bit, it won't work because TMP doesn't support 32 bit.

32 Bit support:
This will not happen, 32 bit accounts for less than 8% of the Steam userbase, and maintaining a 3rd platform that is being superseded just doesn't make sense. Instead of requesting this or donating for us to support it, put that money towards a new 64 bit capable computer (though a lot of systems sold after 2005 are 64 bit capable, you just need to switch to a 64 bit OS).

Found here:

Anyway I see someone get it worked with Boot Camp

Edited by NetyTV
Added "BootCamp"
  • Like 1

Hello @cleipelt,

Considering you have a Mac, you will not be able to play TruckersMP. TruckersMP does not support Mac OS.

The only way to be able to play TruckersMP is to have a Windows OS unfortunatly.

If this helped you, please let us know by a message here.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions