New ranks: Trial Moderator & Trial Media Team

Leon Baker

Suggestion Name: New ranks: Trial Moderator & Trial Media Team
Suggestion Description: Before someone joins Moderators or Media Team he/she will be trial for a time. That can make quality of staff better. By the way, this will help players to understand are they ready to work as moderator or media team or not.
Any example images: Nope.
Why should it be added?: In my opinion, there are not enough moderators on forum and this can make forum better.

• Like 1

Trial moderator may as well be a rank for people who ask for recruitment to open or ask to get the rank straight off the bat so they can just dream there is no logical reason for it they would need the same premissions as proper forum mods in order for it to be useful but that defeats the purpose of trial because trial is limited to fewer premissions as full and with media i honestly cant say as i have never spoken to someone from media to know what its like

Trial Media Team is not needed. Media do not have crazy amounts to learn and permissions that are a lot to be trusted with. Media hire you for the skill you already have and you then use that skill. Trial Mod is not needed as it's not an issue. The reason for Trial IGA was so we can have more efficient IGA's. Media and Mod do not have a problem there.

• Like 2

Regards,

Nameless Ghoul.

Player Reports: https://truckersmp.com/reports

Ban Appeal: https://truckersmp.com/appeals

Game Rules: https://truckersmp.com/rules

Moderators are chosen very carefully,  which removes the need for a trial moderator as its not an easy rank to get. I'm sure @FirestarteR93 will confirm that. 

And I can assure you,  from personal experience,  that there are plenty of moderators and maybe too many and every problem on the forum gets sorted out efficiently by an amazing team 

-1 It's a nice concept, I love how you produced it, but I agree with what Moderation Team Leader @FirestarteR93 and former Media Team member @Nameless Ghoul has said - there would not be too much to limit users to do unlike Trial Support and Trial IGA, so as a result someone who is a trial mod or someone within trial media would be able to have specific rights that are too similar to those with full media and moderator ranks.

As a matter of fact, there are currently eighteen Moderatos which excludes people like Burner who have those permissions anyway. This number is already way too high if you want to distribute work effectively. As you might have noticed in the past, inactive topics are mostly archived by one or two people only because they are the ones doing is rather early indeed.

Furthermore, when there is a topic with somebody complaining or violating the forum rules, merely a single Moderator is needed to deal with that, thus having 17 people who are not needed at all.

Lastly, the reports which are being submitted on the forum are so few, that this system could already be deemed as redundant since people do not really use it at all.

You can somehow see the trial rank as a security buffer, a learning period and a try-out to see if it's your thing or not. Support and IGA are both ranks that come with great responsibility as you get powers that will have serious effects if used wrong. Media and Moderation don't really have that, therefore it's not needed to introduce trial ranks for them.

I'll reject this for now, it could be possible the Media or Moderation Team Leader decides to implement it in the (far far) future.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.