Rest&Driving Time

Fabiet

Suggestion Name[: Realistic rest&driving time
Suggestion Description: Actually the indicator that show how much tired are you start from 0 at the end of the travel.

I suggest to fix the situation by using this solution,

have 11 Hours before get tire? Well you can drive for 11 Hours.

If you stop your truck and turn off the engine your driving time is "recharging". And never reset after the delivery, but only when you join the game.

I mean if you want to drive for an other hour you have to stop and turn off engine for one hour, for other 3 hours you need to stop for 3 hour. This should be the same way if i stop for a break, and stop for 14 mins, i can drive for 14 mins more. 1 Resting hour = 1 drive hour is just the idea, but can be also  1 resting hours = 2 driving hours

27/11/14 - Adjust, now every time you finish a delivery in MP the fatique level go back to zero. It can be good to don't allow this but you have to rest like the single player.  This can be also an other opportuinity.

Any example images: Nope

Why should it be added?: In this situation MP is not using in the best way this part of the game, in this way should be more realistic.

Edited by Fabiet

Not really.

In europe you´re only allowed to drive 4,5 hours after that you have to rest at least 45min, until you are allowed to drive again. 

Suggest this to SCS not here.

Well i know the legal driving time and resting time, what i wrote was just an idea, or an example and can be modified.

Also not possible to do in MP because of time sync.

What i mean is not to speed up the time, but just to think to rest by stop the truck and turn off the engine. Actually the fatique level is working the plus is to maybe make it faster or something else to reduce the time you can drive, and recharge it by stop to drive. The time ingame will continue to pass as is now.

Is explained better now?

So your idea is to stop your truck at a parking lot, and then after you turned off the engine, your time before rest will increase?

I think we can't add that here, because it's something that is implemented in the game itself, so this suggestion is better for SCS Software.

Edited by Robbert297

Make it optional -a command to turn it on/off, with implemented timer -  when you have to get a rest, go to a parking, park, turn off the engine, after 2 maybe 3 minutes the time runs out, continue driving.

That way people who do want it can get it without bothering those who don't. For convoys it can be turned off - easy to use , both sides are happy, (hopefully) easy to make

• Upvote 1

So your idea is to stop your truck at a parking lot, and then after you turned off the engine, your time before rest will increase?

I think we can't add that here, because it's something that is implemented in the game itself, so this suggestion is better for SCS Software.

Yes it's what i mean. SCS already do it. Let me explain better, in Single Player you get tired after driving for X hours. Then you have to rest. In MP is not the same, you never get tired.

Make it optional -a command to turn it on/off, with implemented timer -  when you have to get a rest, go to a parking, park, turn off the engine, after 2 maybe 3 minutes the time runs out, continue driving.

That way people who do want it can get it without bothering those who don't. For convoys it can be turned off - easy to use , both sides are happy, (hopefully) easy to make

Yes this can be also an idea.

If you have fatigue set in MP you can once your driver gets tired pull into a nearest resting place and press E then Enter, this will speed up time by 9hours but will revert back to the same time as everyone else within a millisecond it will also make your driver feel he has slept for the 9hours.

In the config files in my documents. to find them go to the following

My Computer > My Documents > Eurotruck Simulator 2 > Config.cfg

then look for by pressing "shift+F"

uset g_fatigue "0" just change the 0 to a 1

Then load up MP and go to your MP profile and load it, once at the 2nd screen go to gameplay and tick the box that say's Fatigue Simulation.

Your driver should now get tired

I am an ex-community manager and Game Moderator. All ban request via pm will be ignored and must be sent through the proper channels.