ETS 2 MP Leaderboards

FranGt

Suggestion Name: Leaderboards for ETS 2 MP

Suggestion Description: Look at my example image for more details...

Any example images

post-2225-0-10804900-1422200866_thumb.jp

Why should it be added?: I could write a lot about this, but I'll try to be short. I think that every multiplayer game/mod should have some kind of leaderboards. With leaderboards players could show their trucking success. I know that maybe some of you will say something like " this is not NFS " or something like that... Every success should be shown somewhere, so think about it.

post-2225-0-10804900-1422200866_thumb.jp

• Upvote 3

Sure the  VTC page does that for companies that set them up; KMs, fuel efficiency, how many runs etc. I used to own a company in game with around 30+ members and honestly? those sort of statistics become meaningless once you're well into the millions. It'd be wasted effort on behalf of the developers in my opinion. Plus if you think about it as well, there's nothing to actually gain from those sort of 'achievements' (if you want call them that) unless of course a person is that egotistical, other than that there's no true motivation to bother with them. I personally couldn't care less about what I've done in ETS2MP, I even stopped logging my runs on the VTC for the company I mentioned, but that's just me.

nz3d07.jpg

Sure the  VTC page does that for companies that set them up; KMs, fuel efficiency, how many runs etc. I used to own a company in game with around 30+ members and honestly? those sort of statistics become meaningless once you're well into the millions. It'd be wasted effort on behalf of the developers in my opinion. Plus if you think about it as well, there's nothing to actually gain from those sort of 'achievements' (if you want call them that) unless of course a person is that egotistical, other than that there's no true motivation to bother with them. I personally couldn't care less about what I've done in ETS2MP, I even stopped logging my runs on the VTC for the company I mentioned, but that's just me.

I know that VTC already made that, but as I know you have to manually add your success there what is a little bit stupid... Every leaderboards should be automatic.

It's a nice idea, but not before the game comes into beta and they start to use server-sided profiles. The game is way too easily manipulated.

You're right... There is too many people who use cheats what is really sad. I forgot to mention that leaderboards would help to easily recognize people who use cheats, but that's only what I think.

This isn't a game for being competitive. This is a simulation. Real truck drivers irl don't compete over their monthly earnings, so there's no reason for there to be in this.

I know it's simulation game and that's why I love it. You call that "competitive", for me it's trucking success, not competition between each other. We all have different opinions and I respect that.

For me it sounds like competition even if you call it "trucking success" but I think that evaluating more stats than km done or time needed (dont add the last if you dont want a nfs game)  those who play to compite would see which ways to be a better trucker, taking care of traffic laws, consumption, etc. instead of making more and more km as fast as they can.

So why not make it a competition if it helps all of us try harder to be a better driver? Im agree with this, and I see it just like another motivation to play. Yes, it is a simulator, but as a hardcore sim lover I like to compare my driver stats with others, and that doesnt make me less realistic than anyone.

+1

• Upvote 1

lkRjRkb.png

It would definitely add an aspect to the game-play to motivate players to drive more.

I think it'd be fun to compete with other drivers, to see who can drive the safest, but also deliver the most loads!

Cheers!

0cRIb6g.png

SCS Software - Senior Beta Tester

Former Community Manager - Former In-Game Administrator - Former Squirrel.TV Moderation Team Member

Did I provide useful information? Please click "Like This" if so!

For me it sounds like competition even if you call it "trucking success" but I think that evaluating more stats than km done or time needed (dont add the last if you dont want a nfs game)  those who play to compite would see which ways to be a better trucker, taking care of traffic laws, consumption, etc. instead of making more and more km as fast as they can.

So why not make it a competition if it helps all of us try harder to be a better driver? Im agree with this, and I see it just like another motivation to play. Yes, it is a simulator, but as a hardcore sim lover I like to compare my driver stats with others, and that doesnt make me less realistic than anyone.

+1

I totally agree with you. I made just example how leaderboards should look, of course it would be better to add consumption instead of time played or something like that. I'm glad to see that you support my suggestion  :)

It would definitely add an aspect to the game-play to motivate players to drive more.

I think it'd be fun to compete with other drivers, to see who can drive the safest, but also deliver the most loads!

Cheers!

I agree with you, it would motivate players to drive much more and to deliver more loads and of course to drive safe, actually that's the point. I'm glad to see that people support my suggestion!

This will develop competition. From some expirience, i can say it may end up in company flame wars and nobody needs wars

Even if the intention originally was to encourage safer driving it will develop into competition and it most definitely will end up in popular companies declaring pointless beefs eventually. Hell, if people honestly want to show off how good of a driver they are why not just implement a system where either its displayed under your profile image on the forum when you post or something along those lines - can't really brag or start anything over something that's a few lines of text on a forum. Not to mention it could prove who has legitimacy when concerning driving and things of those nature.

nz3d07.jpg

This will develop competition. From some expirience, i can say it may end up in company flame wars and nobody needs wars

Maybe you're right, we don't need wars between companies, but I think that there should be a way to avoid that, for example just put player names on leaderboards, not their company tags or something like that.

Just now in game,I often use a common looks truct as the same as other teammates,  not care about the destination or whether can success.

I very hope have a online account only can play online.It will let it more deserving. 

Just now in game,I often use a common looks of truct as the same as other teammates,  not care about the destination and whether can success.

I very hope have a online account only can play online.It will let it more deserving. 

I respect your opinion.

You're right... There is too many people who use cheats what is really sad. I forgot to mention that leaderboards would help to easily recognize people who use cheats, but that's only what I think.

It can't. The modding is usually done in single player mode, and when you transfer it to multiplayer, a "cheat detector" will assume you earned that money right off the bat in single player. I know a mod that gives you 1000000 dollars every time you buy a truck; it would be almost impossible to code that in.

Happy Trucking! :)

Proud member of BLACKOUT TRUCKING. Join us now !

41.png

It can't. The modding is usually done in single player mode, and when you transfer it to multiplayer, a "cheat detector" will assume you earned that money right off the bat in single player. I know a mod that gives you 1000000 dollars every time you buy a truck; it would be almost impossible to code that in.

I think it should be possible to manually remove cheaters, but that's only my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.