Publish videos on youtube without being blocked for copyright ???

McDodge34 [FR QC]

Ok, I'm so pissed off right now, I think I'll give up on publishing videos, 1 second after my video was ready on youtube, I receive a copyright claim and a notice that the video was blocked in all country with all the songs listed that were playing in the video (on a radio station, that I listen while driving) and I see thousands and thousands of videos on youtube with the same songs and they play without any issues, is there a trick to avoid all of this before I give up on ever trying to publish videos on youtube... And I don't want to edit my videos, removing all the sounds of the game would make the video extremely boring I think.

76561198104067447.png

So if I say unlisted, they won't be able to do copyright claims on it, good to know, I don't plan on using the songs or anything, I was sure it was on the fair use policy since its just a radio playing, but what is pissing me off is I kind find 1000000 videos with the same songs by other youtubers, and I'm 99,9% sure they didn't pay for the songs to be there... At least not a youtuber with only 231 subscribers...

76561198104067447.png

I think it depends on the country you live in.
If the music company that published the music has no contract with youtube in your country. It gets blocked off.
For example, if I put a song of Rammstein into my video, it gets blocked off in Germany. And Germans cannot watch my video.

So probably there is a song in your video, that is really heavily copyrighted, without youtube having licenses to it.

And yes music that plays on the radio is also copyright claimed... Music companies are very very protective about their music. 
No they are not, they are just freaking greedy, trying to get money from anyone or any company, that broadcasts their music. Even if the quality is very bad.

1 minute ago, Dubbeledraaideur [NL] said:

I think it depends on the country you live in.
If the music company that published the music has no contract with youtube in your country. It gets blocked off.
For example, if I put a song of Rammstein into my video, it gets blocked off in Germany. And Germans cannot watch my video.

So probably there is a song in your video, that is really heavily copyrighted, without youtube having licenses to it.

And yes music that plays on the radio is also copyright claimed... Music companies are very very protective about their music. 
No they are not, they are just freaking greedy, trying to get money from anyone or any company, that broadcasts their music. Even if the quality is very bad.

What about the fair use laws, here in Canada, we are allowed to use songs for non profit use, educational content, I was sure gaming was a part of that...

76561198104067447.png

3 minutes ago, McDodge34 [FR QC] said:

What about the fair use laws, here in Canada, we are allowed to use songs for non profit use, educational content, I was sure gaming was a part of that...

Unfortunately that does not count for video's on youtube, as that is a major platform, with a profit model.
I found out that having truck sound in a video, does not really add value to it.
So if you mute your video and add royalty free music, so it becomes more entertaining, you are good to go.
There is a lot of it. And sometimes it is free to download to. 

I uploaded a video today with a megamix, because I was so done editing the video for several hours, and was out of time.
Youtube has said there are multiple claims, and disabled the ability for me to get profit out of it (I do not even want that).
But when I was at a mates house, watching back that video. It just played, but it cannot be played on mobile devices. Because some record company does not want that, as they are afraid, that someone would open that video (while I talk through it), and use it as music device <_<

I'll give it a go, I could only put 1 royality free song in the youtube video editor (if there's a way to add more than 1, I didn't see it yet), so at least there's a song at the beginning, for around 3m then after the whole video is silent, will try to publish it, not sure if we are allowed to publish them here, its my first heavy cargo load from Bordeaux to Dijon, its completely silent, I didn't record the start of it cause I forgot to start the recording, but I started just before a nice curby cliff, where the challenge is really starting... Unsure where I could publish it if allowed here, I've seen many in general discussions so that's where I'll try it, will see if people just like crashs and idiots on the roads here...

76561198104067447.png

4 minutes ago, McDodge34 [FR QC] said:

I'll give it a go, I could only put 1 royality free song in the youtube video editor (if there's a way to add more than 1, I didn't see it yet), so at least there's a song at the beginning, for around 3m then after the whole video is silent, will try to publish it, not sure if we are allowed to publish them here, its my first heavy cargo load from Bordeaux to Dijon, its completely silent, I didn't record the start of it cause I forgot to start the recording, but I started just before a nice curby cliff, where the challenge is really starting... Unsure where I could publish it if allowed here, I've seen many in general discussions so that's where I'll try it, will see if people just like crashs and idiots on the roads here...

Best thing to do, if you publish it. Is to post it in the media section. If you make a new topic, you will need approval of the media team.

There are indeed sections about the new DLC, but if you create a new topic in like the general section, you have a chance that it gets moved / removed.

1 hour ago, McDodge34 [FR QC] said:

So if I say unlisted, they won't be able to do copyright claims on it, good to know, I don't plan on using the songs or anything, I was sure it was on the fair use policy since its just a radio playing, but what is pissing me off is I kind find 1000000 videos with the same songs by other youtubers, and I'm 99,9% sure they didn't pay for the songs to be there... At least not a youtuber with only 231 subscribers...

Regardless if the video is unlisted or public YouTube WILL still claim copyright. I have a unlisted video sitting on my channel right now and it has a copyright claim. You just need to look into different types of music. 

If you use music like Monstercat, NCS (No Copyright Sounds) they will let you use their own music for free. However, there will still be some limitations to this as well. Both channels will claim copyright but the music doesn't get muted and there is no country limitation. They will just block you from monetizing that particular video. You just need to give credit back to the channels, I do it with a on screen music display. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived