Autosave freeze

Question

Hello truckers,

I am having an issue on my newer laptop (with good specs) where autosaves freeze the game for at least 40 seconds and sometimes the whole computer.  This does not happen when I play the game on my older laptop which only lags for half a second which doesn't make sense (same profile copied across to the older computer)

Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Thank you

7 answers to this question

Hei,

Try to start a new Savegame,and try it out if it's freezing.

And you could try to delete the config file.

Documents -> Euro Truck Simulator 2 delete config.cfg file.

Greetz,DerPatrick9  eymAgcq.png P19Gj7N.png kxhDML1.png

Sounds like this is more likely your game trying to catch up on its self from the previous time played. Just wait for the time to do its thing and once it has unfroze, you should be fine. Remember that every time you come off your game, the amount of money earned is still rising of you have drivers employed so it often needs to catch up on that too :D

The thing is I have the same number of hired drivers on my older laptop and it isn't giving a problem.  I may try reinstalling.  I also know it's not catching up as it only freezes during an autosave (again not on my older laptop) and my economy and drivers have caught up