Low FPS on high-end PC

Axemption

Question

Hello guys. I've upgraded my old i7 with R7 1700x. However, after the upgrade im getting really low FPS while playing in multiplayer. Max FPS i can reach is 50 on medium settings. I disabled v-sync from the game and gpu drivers.Full PC Specs:

AMD R7 1700x 

16 GBs RAM

2xGTX 980ti

Windows was fresh installed after upgrading, game is installed on SSD. After swapping motherboard and cpu with the older ones, the FPS was back and high again. GPU have installed latest drivers from Nvidia site, manually downloaded.

Edit: The game is ETS2, i forgot to mention it. OS is Win 10 x64 Pro.

Edited by К.Николаев

9 answers to this question

Your system seems extremely capable at running this game.

I can offer you two solutions.

First Solution:

This is not really a solution but rather a heads up: High populated areas such as C - D road will always cause lag on many systems due to the strain that the high quantity of players put on the CPU / GPU and other hardware. You probably already knew this so check out the next solution.

Second solution:

1. I suggest you fire all you workers and sell their trucks (You probably may not need to do this since you re-installed your game)

2. Press TAB on your keyboard (whilst ingame on MP) --> Go to settings ---> Uncheck "Development logging"

How does that help? 

• Upvote 1

Places with 100+ people were never a problem. I am having low FPS even when there are no players near me. I started with fresh save file, development logging is unchecked already. This problem occurs only on MP, SP is fine.

Edit: I tried swapping my gpus with single Fury-X dat is working on my friend PC. FPS problem remain for me while he doesnt have any problems on his pc using intel cpu.

Edited by К.Николаев

@OP Are you playing ETS2 with SLI enabled or disabled?

If you are playing it with SLI enabled, try using a different AFR mode.

goto Control Panel -> Nvidia Control Panel -> application settings -> Select ETS2/ATS -> Scroll down to [I actually forgot the name of the setting] -> select "use AFR2" or "use AFR1"

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

1 hour ago, К.Николаев said:

Hello guys. I've upgraded my old i7 with R7 1700x. However, after the upgrade im getting really low FPS while playing in multiplayer. Max FPS i can reach is 50 on medium settings. I disabled v-sync from the game and gpu drivers.Full PC Specs:

AMD R7 1700x 

16 GBs RAM

2xGTX 980ti

Windows was fresh installed after upgrading, game is installed on SSD. After swapping motherboard and cpu with the older ones, the FPS was back and high again. GPU have installed latest drivers from Nvidia site, manually downloaded.

Which operating system are you using?