ETS2 Console does not work

MrSirViking

It must be something outside the game... I'm actually clueless. So basically, in both games, when you press the appropriate key, the console only appears in the few sections you've mentioned. And all of that started happening when you re-installed Windows 10 x64.

Man, I've tried my best... I bet it's a little bugger that is well hidden and just trolling you. Nah but seriously, I've dealt with something completely different on a different game, and it took me several months before I found out what was the stupid cause of my issue. Apparently, on my gaming laptop, Minecraft and ShadowPlay doesn't behave too well together.

KkdaC1b.png

1 minute ago, LordBenji said:

It must be something outside the game... I'm actually clueless. So basically, in both games, when you press the appropriate key, the console only appears in the few sections you've mentioned. And all of that started happening when you re-installed Windows 10 x64.

Man, I've tried my best... I bet it's a little bugger that is well hidden and just trolling you. Nah but seriously, I've dealt with something completely different on a different game, and it took me several months before I found out what was the stupid cause of my issue. Apparently, on my gaming laptop, Minecraft and ShadowPlay doesn't behave too well together.

But funny enough i started my computer in windows safe mode. That would mean that everything is turned off.. only the most essential things for windows is started. And then i started the game and it did the same. EVEN in windows safe mode.  So i have no clue. There cant be anything blocking stuff when you are in windows safe mode! like wth..

Yeah... Sadly, your problem is very uncommon and it's hard to find something that will help. Do you bet it's a stupid thing causing this? Maybe something missing after fresh install of OS. I know it's not about the configs, as you tried to delete and let the game generate a new config file. Console and Developer mode enabled... That is plain stupid. :wacko:

KkdaC1b.png

3 minutes ago, LordBenji said:

Yeah... Sadly, your problem is very uncommon and it's hard to find something that will help. Do you bet it's a stupid thing causing this? Maybe something missing after fresh install of OS. I know it's not about the configs, as you tried to delete and let the game generate a new config file. Console and Developer mode enabled... That is plain stupid. :wacko:

I agree. Everything worked before the reinstall of windows. Has always worked.. But after it does not. But its a clean windows install. It should all work. And the console works in game! Just only in those menus.. So something is turning off the button! Dont know what tho..

25 minutes ago, LordBenji said:

Something must be disabling your console regardless of your configs in my opinion. Could it be your trip logger? I might be wrong though.

I ran with the trip logger before also. And why would it not disable the console in those menus? It dosent make sense.. :) And the triplogger is a plugin that got removed when i did a complete reinstall of the game. And after that it did not work at all either. So even with the triplogger gone it makes no difference :)

On 12/3/2017 at 7:34 PM, EnLight said:

I suggest you backup your controls.sii before you do this

Alright, second solution for you to try:

1. Go to documents/eurotrucksimulator2/profiles

2. Go into the profile folder (will be a string of letters and numbers)

3. Find the file "controls.sii"

4. Right click "controls.sii" --> open with --> Notepad

5. Press CTRL + F : 

6. Search for this line:  config_lines[87]: "mix console `keyboard.grave?0`" 

7. Change/replace the word "grave" to "v" or to a random letter on your keyboard.

Let me know what happens.

This worked! THis actually worked! But you wrote it wrong! Its not  7. Change/replace the word "grave" to "v" or to a random letter on your keyboard. Its change grave?0 to something else. So not only grave but the whole grave?0 so it looks like this "mix console `keyboard.keyboard.f11`". This worked when you are logged into a profile. It dosent work in the menus where you select profile. But i dont need it there anyway :) Thanks! I got this tip from someone else where i said i changed the grave and he said no no you have to change everything not only grave! And it workes! The question is now that why doesent the original key work? what is blocking it? hmm

4 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

This worked! THis actually worked! But you wrote it wrong! Its not  7. Change/replace the word "grave" to "v" or to a random letter on your keyboard. Its change grave?0 to something else. So not only grave but the whole grave?0 so it looks like this "mix console `keyboard.keyboard.f11`". This worked when you are logged into a profile. It dosent work in the menus where you select profile. But i dont need it there anyway :) Thanks! I got this tip from someone else where i said i changed the grave and he said no no you have to change everything not only grave! And it workes! The question is now that why doesent the original key work? what is blocking it? hmm

I am glad my response helped / gave you an idea regarding how to fix your problem. As for your question about why the original does not work, I am a bit stuck for an explanation on that.

Either way, glad it has helped.

Enjoy :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived