Car drivers that just ram trucks

glojo

Yup, It is water under the bridge and the complaint was rejected.  How dare I or anyone else that doesn't know how to configure video evidence complain. The point is taken, the case is closed and for me there is nothing further to add to this thread.  It does however leave a bad taste, but hey ho... Off we go with our peddle to the metal and heel to the steel :)  

Thank you everyone for the wise words and on the plus side I have at least made some new friends

I feel your pain Cazik but sadly the admin staff are not really dedicated in even attempting to stamp out this immature behaviour.  I had two witnesses that saw my incidents but there was absolutely no effort to even speak with the offender!!!!   'No proof'

Of course in a perfect world we should all have recording software but in real life if criminals were to be only prosecuted when their crime was recorded..... where would we be?  Answer.... Our prisons would be empty  

I feel your pain 

1 hour ago, ZeeX10 said:

So I guess cars got banned? I kept getting kicked saying I couldn't drive a car, on both servers. I haven't played ATS in almost 2 months.

No, but it seems that something went wrong in the last ATSMP update and the servers are working in EU#1 mode, no cars and speed limits. There have been several topics about this, so I guess that the developers are already aware of the problem.

47 minutes ago, glojo said:

in real life if criminals were to be only prosecuted when their crime was recorded...

In real life, criminals can't be prosecuted or imprisoned if there is no valid evidence against them. It's the exact same thing here. You need to provide valid evidence in your reports, otherwise, admins won't do anything.

I fear we may be drifting off topic but folks are getting lost in silly interpretations of what may be valid evidence of deliberate acts of aggression.  

Evidence... One person's word against another is evidence, BUT is it strong enough for a prosecution?  It MIGHT be strong enough or it might not, it depends if there is any other types of corroboration.  What would be needed however would be some type of corroboration.

The alleged offender should be contacted and their side of the incident heard.

Politely question the alleged offender... Namely

On Friday 13th were you driving a car in American Trucker?  If they say no and there is no means of checking any type of the log, or there is no other evidence then NO offence.

If they say no and there are no independent witnesses OR photographic\video evidence then clearly they would walk.

If they say NO and three witnesses say 'yes', then they should have problems.  Do we want to stamp out this type of behaviour or not?

If they say yes I was on that road and an idiot carved me up and I simply stopped and quit the game then look at the EVIDENCE.  Three drivers within 60 seconds reported this driver claiming he had rammed them.  That is evidence and of course damning evidence.  If they say 'Yes, and because of their driving and what they did to me, I rammed them'  That is an admission of guilt'

Joe Bloggs scratches your car with a metal object and runs away.  Three people witness this crime and all give evidence saying what they saw.  This person would be arrested, dealt with by the courts and punished on that evidence alone.  Yes the accused might say they were at home and then produces fifty witnesses to corroborate what they said and yes they then may well walk but without the accused producing evidence they would hang :) 

This game is a truck driving simulator and should the admin staff do their very best to enforce the rules, or should they simply make excuses for those that deliberately flout the rules and the spirit of the game?  To say there is no evidence without even bothering to look is just rolling over and condoning what ruins this excellent version of this simulator.

My case is closed.. FULL STOP,  but I beg the admin staff to at least investigate any future complaints and not just sit back and demand video evidence.  Please try to INVESTIGATE before rolling over :)

On 1/30/2017 at 11:13 PM, glojo said:

Last night my friends and I had the misfortune to be rammed multiple times by a car driver.  The name of this driver does not appear on the database, so is there a way these buffoons can log into the game and then just cause havoc?

This person thinks it is clever to ram trailers and how sad is that?

I reported the driver but so far have not had any type of acknowledgement but how is this possible and why do they do this?  By the way, we never spoke to this person, never communicated with them and simply logged off.  Two wrongs would never make a right and I for one was not prepared to waste my time talking with someone that thinks they are being funny.

Has anyone else experienced such an event?

I recommend you recording your gameplay.
This is useful for both reporting players as well as ban appealing when you get reported unfairly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi chtibouss

Thank you for those wise words but as has been stated earlier on in this post.  Despite the fact that two other drivers witnessed this bully in their car, despite the fact there was photographic evidence (not video).  It was deemed there was no proof.  That is the decision and it is a decision I have to accept.

Some contributors on this thread had a very peculiar idea of what is required for a genuine type of prosecution in most civilised countries and their opinions were indeed interesting.   

Hopefully I now have the means to record this type of event but nothing in life is perfect and knowing my luck, the next time this happens my pesky recording software will not work.

On 12/2/2017 at 3:17 PM, glojo said:

I beg the admin staff to at least investigate any future complaints and not just sit back and demand video evidence.  Please try to INVESTIGATE before rolling over :)

The admin staff has to deal with hundreds of reports every day. Another hundreds of ban appeals. They have to be in the game too so they can deal with real-time reports. And they have lives out of the game, jobs, school, family. They don't have the time to go investigating logs, finding out witnesses, questioning all parties to get both sides of the story on every report. Most of my reports are accepted, most of those that are declined is because the player I reported had been already banned. See? A proper report is very unlikely to be declined.

I don't know what "pesky" sofware you're using, but there are several good solutions to record your gameplay. Best ones have the "Instant replay" option, which lets you get video from a cache ranging some minutes before you hit the "Record" button. nVidia Share, OBS, Mirillis Action!, have this feature. Share and OBS are free to use, only the first one requires a nVidia GPU series GTX600 or higher, Action! needs a paid license. And you can always use plays.tv, twitch.tv or any similar web based streaming/recording solutions, they have almost no impact in regards to game performance and do the job.

Thanks for the info Fenando

We must respect folks that volunteer for this thankless task but before volunteering surely these folks have to understand the full implications, time and ramifications the task involves?  Much, much respect to these volunteers but if they volunteer to enforce the rules of this game then my thoughts are they should be dedicated to the role and perform it to the best of their abilities and yes if they cannot spare the time then no foul.  Yes there will be frivolous complaints, yes there will be repeat offenders and yes there will be the petty pests that do not know when enough is enough :) 

Look into complaints, investigate, yup investigate, reach a decision and move on.  In my example it is likely the guilty party had some type of false account??  Way above my technical know how and if I were told that then that is it.  job done and move on.  I am NOT having a go at anyone, I am suggesting the moderating of this excellent simulator might be too lax and rather than dig our heels in, it might be advantageous to look at ways to better police at least one server and maybe not spread the policing to thinly? (polite observation)

It can be suggested that there is no place for cars in a truck simulator but if they enhance the game then why not, but is there a place for idiotic, wacky race type characters that feel there is a place to deliberately spoil other folks enjoyment?

For those of us that are not computer literate configuring video recording software is not as easy as it is for those who are more o-fay with this computah stuff! Yup easy for some, but definitely not easy for all, but I do appreciate those links you have very kindly posted.  

Finally, I have a very slow Internet connection with just a 0.4mb upload speed which makes multiplayer just playable.  Will this recording software use up ANY extra bandwidth?   

I have an Nvidia card and would be grateful for any advice you might have regarding software and could we do this via pm or email?

Best wishes

John

Hi Fernando,

I obviously thanked you on the pm for the excellent advice but is there a way of thanking you here on this thread?  

I have now publicly thanked you :)

But if there is somewhere I can click, then that is what I want to do. 

I see the 'heart' shaped icon on the right but I do not want to press the wrong button and report someone that has been so helpful :) 

^^ That green arrow is for giving "reputation" to the post. When you read a post that you agree with, find interesting or simply funny, you can click on that arrow and give the user 1 reputation point. I believe there's a limit of 10 rep points you can assign each day.

And you're welcome. I'm just happy if I could provide any help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived