auto-ban for insulting

lt.wolverine

First of all: Your idea got potential. An Auto-Ban System like that what you suggested would be able to kick/ban any driver who insults another. But where are the limits? What's insulting and what isn't? Certainly, there are many words which could give you an instant kick/ban, but I think there are some words which are normal to say, for example noob or something like that. Any Driver should know which one's causes a kick/ban. And the Tmp system, too. 

Moreover I don't think that it would be easy to create.. The system needs to read every chat and that could decrease the servers performance..

I believe that would be too much to handle for a self made system like :tmp:.

Nothing to see here. Keep on scrolling 🫠

Got potential here, I give you that.

If anything was to be introduced similar to this, I think an auto-kick system will work better. A sort of 'warning' to players that insulting is not allowed. A sort of reminder.

I don't really think an auto-ban system will work. What happens when user requests evidence via an appeal, and who will answer the appeals? Many questions, not many answers to go with them.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

A few years ago there was a Left 4 Dead 2 server i had joined (probably UK based) that had a "watershed" thing in place where if anyone swore or said words that shouldn't be said after a certain time (9pm) then it'll be edited to say something else along the lines of "Oh you're a jolly good sport" in place of......well....think of an insult and there you have it... Now this was a server that could only hold about 20 people on it and it coped very well so the question would be could the MP servers cope with it.   From an admins prospective i would say it'll be a good idea as it'll lighten the workload but again can it actually work on the servers here....

As for banning them probably not a kick would do i'd say but maybe after a certain amount of kicks the server(s) could flag up those with more than lets say.....3

I'd +1 this but it'll need work

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.