Save conversion

neverax

Question

Since the last update went live i had been playing on single player, not knowing that it's possible to roll back to the previous version of the game. My issue is that ive made quite a bit of progress since the update and my save files are made on 1.2.6, is it possible to make a save file compatible with previous versions of the game?

6 answers to this question

Because you played with the latest update, your game saves became incompatible with earlier versions. You will need to load an earlier save, but it means you will lose your game progress you got while using the latest version. If you don't want to lose your game progress, you can either not play multiplayer and wait for the update or do this:

1. Upgrade game back to the latest version.

2. Go in to the game and make a new manual save. Do not overwrite earlier save. That will make finding the right save file difficult.

3. Find the folder of the profile you manually saved. You'll most likely find it following this path: 2507c75ca5d2e2a3e3e677d458a64455.png

4. Open the profile folder. The folder is randomly named (e.g. 7A878532).

6. Inside it open save folder.

7. Find the last manual save. Manual saves count up starting from 1 and the newest will have the biggest number.

8. Cut the manual save and paste it in any folder you want to keep it in as long as you don't paste it inside Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder. You'll need the save later.

9. Downgrade Euro Truck Simulator 2.

10. Load earlier and compatible game save and you're playing in multiplayer again!

the downgrade-upgrade thread

hope this all helps, report back if not.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, neverax said:

Since the last update went live i had been playing on single player, not knowing that it's possible to roll back to the previous version of the game. My issue is that ive made quite a bit of progress since the update and my save files are made on 1.2.6, is it possible to make a save file compatible with previous versions of the game?

Hello there, 

Unfortunately until multiplayer is updated to 1.26 update (currently on 1.25), the saves will not be available. The only thing to do is downgrade back to 1.25, this is just a temporary thing until ETS2MP gets updated, then you will be able to use the saves from single player with no problems, so try not to delete them if you want to keep your progression.

Hope that helps :)

Hi i have the same problem with save's. I had ETS 2 just 3 days and all my save are from 1.26.1s so i can continue my single play and i have to wait till MP will be updated to 1.26 ? I am new in ETS so i want to ask how long can it took (update MP to 1.26) some weeks/some months or more dont know how often here are updates.

Topic locked & moved to Unsolved due to inactivity - Last reply on December 2

team_team-game-admin.png    TEAM MEMBER SINCE APRIL 2016. SPANISH / ENGLISH IGA TEAM MEMBER.

how to appeal a ban      how to report a user       In-game rules      feedback & contacting upper staff