Updated: 2018/11/06 (yyyy/mm/dd)

Downgrading and Upgrading Euro Truck Simulator 2 Version

Whenever Euro Truck Simulator 2 gets an update from SCS you need to downgrade the game version in order to use TruckersMP, because TruckersMP doesn't have support for the latest version right away. How soon TruckersMP gets an update depends on how many changes there are in the new ETS2 update. On average it takes less than 5 days for TruckersMP to receive an update after ETS2 update. In this guide I will explain with text and GIF's how to downgrade ETS2 to supported version and how to upgrade it after TMP update.

Supported version: 1.32.3.14s (the latest)

Downgrading Euro Truck Simulator 2 Version

(The latest version supported)*

Spoiler

1. Open Steam, go to LIBRARY and GAMES.

14b840bdac3b8be13c21a29e4f3f630f.gif

2. Left click Euro Truck Simulator 2.

55c2951ec290042e97de4b7155a6cf2d.gif

3. Check first that are there any unsupported DLC mentioned below in the Unsupported DLC section of this guide. You need to uninstall the unsupported DLC before you can install the supported version. Uninstall the unsupported DLC by unticking them in the DLC list.

8c927b1bc9aecad58778f2091c80d6e3.gif

(Note: Finnish Paint Jobs Pack is supported. This is just an example.)

4. Then right click on Euro Truck Simulator 2 and open Properties

51b4bc8bb1147846571ef5dafe702cc3.gif

5. After the Properties window has opened click BETAS tab

c9ac87df913a7f185dc14941d61c8cdd.gif

6. In BETAS tab select [version will be added here when needed]

[GIF will be added here when needed]

7. Now it should be downloading the version. You can now close the Properties window and wait for the download to finish.

8. When the download has finished you're good to go. Happy trucking!

(Still experiencing problems? Go to help section, make a post and describe them.)

*Explanations:

The latest version supported: No need to downgrade to the previous ETS2 version.

Downgrade to supported version: The latest version of ETS2 is unsupported. Follow the guide to downgrade to supported version.

Status not available: Author of the guide is not able to keep the guide up-to-date for a longer period of time.

Upgrading Euro Truck Simulator 2 Version

Spoiler

Follow steps 1, 4 and 5 shown in the downgrading guide above, but in BETAS tab select NONE - Opt out of all beta programs. Remember to reinstall any DLC you may have had to uninstall when you downgraded the game version (in case the DLC is now supported).

c55a4bc5366b4ecaa644c9e1e3aac6a4.gif

(Still experiencing problems? Go to help section and make a post describing the problems.)

Unsupported version detected when using the supported version

If you have followed the steps provided in the downgrading or the upgrading guide above, but the launcher still claims that the version of ETS2 is an unsupported one, view this guide created by ResTed for a possible solution.

Unsupported DLC Packs and Map Expansions

header.jpg?t=1513184424

Special Transport

Supported DLC Packs

All the DLC packs and map expansions excluding unsupported DLC mentioned above.

Note: these lists do not include Steam inventory items. For more detailed information, view this topic.

If you spot a mistake or out-dated information, please contact author with personal message or comment below.

Edited by DerAmpelmann
Changed supported version
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 16

Guest Tom Howard

Thank you very much for writing this :)! It means I can simply link people to this post now instead of having to explain it 1500 times :P.

Great guide. There has been so many Threads from the Help Section about this, so this will really help players who need to downgrade. Brilliant, and detailed guide!

8 hours ago, Playsier said:

Hello,

Game is on 1.22.2.8, MP client installed but the game won't start (Cannot validate game version)

Same with ATS. Both games bought via steam.

Has anyone an idea why it isn't working? :wacko:

Please post these sorts of topics in the help section; https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/55-help/

I follow the same steps an this guide an selected the version: temporary_1_1-1.1x on the BETAS tab that is what I did to get MP running again for ATS. Hopefully, this resolves the issues for some users who're experiencing the same issue.

Guest TheFloppyGamer02

when i try to downgrade and play ETS2MP it wont let me use my premade profile.

On 4/11/2016 at 11:45 PM, rfoster327 said:

I follow the same steps an this guide an selected the version: temporary_1_1-1.1x on the BETAS tab that is what I did to get MP running again for ATS. Hopefully, this resolves the issues for some users who're experiencing the same issue.

Oh, my bad. I missed that you meant ATS. That would be correct.

Edited by TruckBro
I didn't read quoted post carefully.

1 hour ago, Playsier said:

Didn't work..

1.jpg

2.jpg

This problem is usually caused by internet connection issue. However, create a topic in help section (link in guide) and be more specific with your problem.

I tried to do this the first time I had a newer version and when I was logged into ets2mp I didn't see any jobs at the freight market, did I do something wrong or was the servers having a wee-bit of a problem then?

Edit: It was the servers. I tested it now and it all works fine and dandy! 

I'll leave this here in case anyone have same issue in the future.

^ @MrZin Jobs missing from the freight market is a common bug caused by difference in sp and mp time. In mp the time keeps passing when you're not on the server which causes job offer times to expire. For some reason the new jobs replacing the expired jobs won't show up in the freight market, just at every individual company.

To fix this you need to quick travel between garages, be "towed" to repair (F7 + Enter) or sleep. Sleeping isn't always possible as you get tired very slowly in mp.

Edited by TruckBro
Tagged MrZin in to the post

Guest Unn4r
On 13.04.2016 at 7:32 AM, StreamBG said:

Open Steam's library -> right lick on Euro Truck Simulator 2 -> left click on Properties -> go to the tab named BETAS -> and choose "temporary_1_22 - 1.22.x for incompatible mods" -> click Close and wait until Steam automatically download the choosen ETS2 version for you

See the attached image for more info :)

ets2.png

Currently overlay MP does not support the latest version of the game.
Therefore, you need to go back to version 1.22