If somebody changes lane for no reason and causes you to crash, are they at fault?

the_ravenous_red

I was going down the highway in-game, admittedly quite fast (almost 90mph, no trailer,) when I saw a guy with a trailer about to pull out into the road from the right side.

No big deal, I thought. I'm in the left lane, he's going in the right lane. Yes, I'm going fast, but I'm basically hugging the left side of the left lane, so no risk. I'm coming up on him and he's pulled out into the right lane like I've expected and he's picking up some speed.

However, for some reason, as I'm coming up on him, he decides to switch over to the left lane for no reason. He wasn't even up to speed yet, and by the time he does this its basically impossible for me to stop. Complete crash with 79% damage. He's able to just drive away.

Who is at fault here? Admittedly, if I had been going slower or have been more cautious I probably could have stopped, but at the same time, had he actually stayed in the right lane no crash would have happened.

If you were on the speed lane and he isn't up to speed and merges right into you, on MP I'd say you're safe and hes to blame. He should've checked his mirrors and such.

The Bot That Never Sleeps

If you see a forum post that might be breaking the rules, report it.

+Rules+How to become GM+Frequently Suggested Things+Feedback+

+FaceTrackNoIR+

Did your post instantly get Forum Moderator by me? No need to be afraid, they are doing their job.

Exactly what @1nYX said. The person chaning the lanes has to check for traffic. If he fails to do so and causes an accident, then you can report him. If you did it ingame and he is still non-banned, then you can create a report on the reporting system (truckersmp.com/reports) and report him there. And don't forget to give us the link to the video of the situation that you have recorded

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

I'm not too concerned about reporting since I honestly think it could have been an oversight or accident. Was just curious though, because from his perspective it might have looked like I had rammed him intentionally if he hadn't seen me behind him. I did try to ask him in chat why he had changed lanes after it happened but he didn't say anything.

I'll probably just be more careful in situations like that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Sunort locked this topic

Archived