Fixed Penalties for wrong doings online

Cheetah Express

Instead of the admins dishing out random permanent bans for smaller incidents whilst people who troll for 20 minutes to half an hour just get a kick I think that there should be fixed penalties across the board for all admins to abide by. Just one small example of this is someone getting up to a week ban for a bad name by one admin whilst another admin would just kick.

No.

The punishment is about what happened prior. How often did the player do it? How many victims were there? How intentional was it? You can't just sweep everything under one roof. No scenario is the same.

- I'm not saying I'm Wonder Woman; I'm just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman in the same room together.

I agree there should be one set type of punishment/length of ban or whatever per incident. Too many inconsistencies across the board where kicks and bans are concerned. Severity of an incident shouldn't matter. This is a game, not the real world highways.

signature.png

Stobart Trucking Long Haul Division.

https://www.stvtc.co.uk/   https://www.twitch.tv/calbert

Guys, this is just how it works. The punishments are set. How long a punishment lasts and which one must be applied depends on the situation, though. That is something up to the admin to judge at the proper moment. Things such as how serious was the infraction, how many players were affected, for how long have the infraction(s) being committed, etc. This is all will determine what shall be done to the person breaking the rules.

I am an admin myself (another game. Not ETS2MP) and I know how this job works. You can't just fix a default, exact punishment and serving time for everyone. What suits well to one rule breaker may not be fair with another. (For the craziest it may sound) Each case demands a different action that cannot be default for all cases.

Instead of complaining about how the admins in this game work, you should be glad they are here, spending their precious free time for free to give us a better gaming experience. What you may think is not fair, may be actually way beyond deserved.

In other words... No to this.

P.S: "Just one small example of this is someone getting up to a week ban for a bad name by one admin whilst another admin would just kick." I've never seen such thing happen. But if it ever did happen, you must to take into consideration what name the banned player was using. It might have been too inappropriate and deserving of more than just a kick to teach the person a lesson.

• Upvote 3

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

Bans should be equal because sometimes, someone can be kicked for something, eg: ramming someone. yet someone else could be banned by a different admin for the exact same thing. It just isn't consistent at all.

And I think admins should show a little professionalism when kicking/banning someone in their comments. Sometimes see their comments being really sarcastic and disrespectful. Something you'd see from a child.

As for the name ban thing. Saw someone get banned for 7 days because his display name was "Vladimir Putin". Don't understand why or how that can be classed as offensive or game breaking.

• Upvote 1

signature.png

Guys, this is just how it works. The punishments are set. How long a punishment lasts and which one must be applied depends on the situation, though. That is something up to the admin to judge at the proper moment. Things such as how serious was the infraction, how many players were affected, for how long have the infraction(s) being committed, etc. This is all will determine what shall be done to the person breaking the rules.

I am an admin myself (another game. Not ETS2MP) and I know how this job works. You can't just fix a default, exact punishment and serving time for everyone. What suits well to one rule breaker may not be fair with another. (For the craziest it may sound) Each case demands a different action that cannot be default for all cases.

Instead of complaining about how the admins in this game work, you should be glad they are here, spending their precious free time for free to give us a better gaming experience. What you may think is not fair, may be actually way beyond deserved.

In other words... No to this.

P.S: "Just one small example of this is someone getting up to a week ban for a bad name by one admin whilst another admin would just kick." I've never seen such thing happen. But if it ever did happen, you must to take into consideration what name the banned player was using. It might have been too inappropriate and deserving of more than just a kick to teach the person a lesson.

I'm entitled to criticise the admins if I feel, everyone is entitled to voice their opinion. While what you say is true each case is unique, there should be a guide that they follow. A few examples have been given where one who blocks / trolls for 20 minutes gets kicked where as a user who blocked for one minute gets banned for a few hours.

I believe if a user is banned, they must also have a fair appeal, and that the same admin/mod shouldn't be the judge who says denied.

Regards,

~ UnknownAX.

• Upvote 1

signature.png

I'm entitled to criticise the admins if I feel, everyone is entitled to voice their opinion. While what you say is true each case is unique, there should be a guide that they follow. A few examples have been given where one who blocks / trolls for 20 minutes gets kicked where as a user who blocked for one minute gets banned for a few hours.

I believe if a user is banned, they must also have a fair appeal, and that the same admin/mod shouldn't be the judge who says denied.

Regards,

~ UnknownAX.

I did not say that you shouldn't complain. I said that instead of doing it we all should be grateful that they are here. It's not the same thing. Of course you are entitled to your opinion. We all are. You misunderstood me on that one.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure they do have guidelines. All staff in any respectful server usually does and based on what I know about the rules in this community, most of their actions always seemed fair to me. Of course there are some exceptions here and there. That always happen. Every now and then an admin is even demoted because of it. But like I said and you agreed, each case is unique. We cannot expect all admins to have the same idea on the same case. It's only but normal and expected that each of them may have a different judgement on a case and thus, causing these "discrepancies" mentioned earlier. They are human, after all and they too have their own minds and opinions, just like us.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

I did not say that you shouldn't complain. I said that instead of doing it we all should be grateful that they are here. It's not the same thing. Of course you are entitled to your opinion. We all are. You misunderstood me on that one.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure they do have guidelines. All staff in any server usually does. But like I said and you agreed, each case is unique. We cannot expect all admins to have the same idea on the same case. It's only but normal and expected that each of them have a different judgement. They are human, after all and they too have their own minds and opinions, just like us.

I didn't misunderstand you, I was just highlighting if I feel an admin isn't performing or if I don't agree with a decision I'll air my opinion.

While I did say I agree each case is unique, they should show some control and not go power mad by banning someone for stupid amount of time because they have the username Putin.

Let's be completely honest how many moderators or admins actually give a damn about the community? I've sent a few messages to senior members of staff and unfortunately not many of them seem too fussed at all with what I'm suggesting, I haven't even received a reply back from some of the highest ranking staff. Plus don't say they're busy because they've read it multiple times.

Regards,

~ UnknownAX

signature.png

Wow really? for Vladimir? wow... Yeh I saw one admin comment "happy new year" whilst banning or kicking someone. Anyway I put my suggestion across, thankyou.

Yup, really. He was being kicked every few minutes and then banned for 7 days for having an offensive name. I don't see how Vladimir Putin is or can be offensive, it's just a name.

signature.png

I didn't misunderstand you, I was just highlighting if I feel an admin isn't performing or if I don't agree with a decision I'll air my opinion.

While I did say I agree each case is unique, they should show some control and not go power mad by banning someone for stupid amount of time because they have the username Putin.

Let's be completely honest how many moderators or admins actually give a damn about the community? I've sent a few messages to senior members of staff and unfortunately not many of them seem too fussed at all with what I'm suggesting, I haven't even received a reply back from some of the highest ranking staff. Plus don't say they're busy because they've read it multiple times.

Regards,

~ UnknownAX

Just because they read your message it doesn't necessarily mean they had the time to write an answer.

GP53e75.jpg

Please don't tell me 5 members of staff are that busy that they can't reply when they've had over 24 hours.

Regards,

~ UnknownAX.

I cannot tell they are. But neither can you tell they aren't. *shrugs* :\

GP53e75.jpg

Why do you think we are here?

I'm not stating that all of you don't care, just a few. I think a few are only here for the chance to have a few more commands as their power hungry? There's a few staff members who I don't exactly see do an awful lot. At the end of the day I don't want to be saying negative things about members of staff but it's how I feel and how a few members I've spoken to feel.

Regards,

~ UnknownAX.

• Upvote 1

signature.png