Minimum Ping!

Beefy32659_YT

Hi again!

Suggestion Name: Minimum Ping!
Suggestion Description: Introduction of a minimum ping to counter act the maximum ping. 

Any example images: Sadly Not. :(

Why should it be added?: I have a passion for TruckersMP and I believe for a better game experience for all we should introduce a minimum ping so that people with appalling internet connections that shouldn't really be playing WiFi intensive games anyway! I do take in to account that TruckersMP is a privalige for all and that this may end up becoming rejected because of thag very reason, but I'm surely making a basic valid point to show off for dispute. 

Thanks for your time again!

- Beefy

If my comment helped, Please give a Positive Rating above ↗ ↗ ↗

^

It's 600ms, though. Unless they changed it after the games updated.

Edited by Mike Dragon

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

Yep that's right, read rules before post

Ping Issues

If your ping is over 600ms to the server you will be disconnected from the server in order to avoid desync issues for others. This ping check is taken as an average.

• Upvote 1

It's not really fair to do that as not everyone can afford better internet/maybe can't get it in their area. E.g. If they live in a rural are (like I do) I doubt they'll have access to fibre. This doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to play on the MP mod. I agree with the max. 600 ms but not a minimum ping..

• Upvote 1

jarfull.png         

Hey , 

I think this is another one of those "pointless" suggestions. as previously said , if your ping goes above 600ms then you will get kicked for high ping... As said, please read the rules before posting...

So...you're asking for a minimum ping, which how I interpreted the suggestion is that you want to refuse to let players to play because their ping is so low?

There is a maximum ping, and once the user's average ping goes above that limit they are kicked. I really doubt that this will ever even be thought of being implemented, we're not going to kick players because their ping is so low...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.