Bring back the job auto cancel

heyhococo

Suggestion Name: As title

Suggestion Description: When a user goes further than 600m from their trailer, their job should be auto cancelled like it used to be.

Any example images: No

Why this should be added?: It's a troll magnet. Basically a user could block an entrance/exit with their trailer and drive away.

Edited by heyhococo

So the reason that this was removed is because when a user would go to take a World of Trucks job, it often would get cancelled immediately due to a change on how they spawn. Due to lots of complaints, it was removed.

Now, technically the trailer limit is still in place. For example if you leave the trailer in a location, then drive away, it will disappear on other player's screens when you are past that 600m limit. So if you see someone's trailer on the road you can guarantee their vehicle is in the near vicinity. 

• Upvote 2

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

it would cost less reports for players and for admins as well! Because if u drive (for example) 100m-200m away from your trailer it should cancel it automatically!

^^ That's the way it worked before. But with WoT external  contracts, the auto-cancel was removed (see @Aragon0450 message above). The side effect of this is that you can pick an external job, drive truck-only to the destination city, hit F7+Enter and the trailer will teleport and attach to your truck instantly, so you only need to drive it from the garage to the delivery spot and the chances to get 100% Excellents are a lot higher than before... I think that SCS should have made things better, instead of removing the auto-cancellation for jobs, make it so the distance to activate it is a little longer than the max distance a WoT contract trailer can spawn. But this is something for SCS to fix, nothing to do with MP team.

This causes problems for behaving people though.  a friend and I always drive together. sometimes  one of us will have an intermediate stop that the other doesn't. In this case, I  drop my  trailer someplace out of the way, and go explore the town, working towards 100% explored. Many of the sites are narrow, and it's much easier without the trailer.  What does lowering the distance to 100m gain people?  Nothing. you can still block a driveway with a trailer, and move across the street, so your cab doesn't get hit.

So I see no gain from this, and plenty of loss.

• 2 years later...

Hi there, 

As I've given my input on this suggestion previously, and it still applies today:

On 9/18/2016 at 5:46 AM, Aragon said:

So the reason that this was removed is because when a user would go to take a World of Trucks job, it often would get cancelled immediately due to a change on how they spawn. Due to lots of complaints, it was removed.

Now, technically the trailer limit is still in place. For example if you leave the trailer in a location, then drive away, it will disappear on other player's screens when you are past that 600m limit. So if you see someone's trailer on the road you can guarantee their vehicle is in the near vicinity. 

This suggestion will be marked as rejected. However, we are still looking at potential solutions to eliminate any trolling by this method. 

Regards.

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

• Aragon locked this topic