Regarding hack 2 MONTHS AGO

l33ray33

Ok after 2months of not being informed about a hack on the website and my info being leaked i feel absolutely appalled at the response time. Do the owners feel that they wouldn't be hacked? Do they feel that they had to take no procotions to keep their users data safe? So lets say if my bank details were the same as it is on the forum to login (which it isnt btw) people who go and find the paste with everyones details on it can access my bank and transfer money to theirs? Absolutely shocking. Now I am currently having to go through things and change password for them. F***ing appalling.

Like stated above, the information regarding the incident was released a matter of hours after it happened. As you can see in the blog post here: http://truckersmp.com/en_US/blog/8 If you have any issues, please contact a Web Dev Team member @Tuxy Fluffyclaws or @Kat_pw

Quote From Clarkinator in another topic.

So basically, this email was sent because we lacked the email infrastructure to send it before. As the email says, in February, our database got breached and this is the notification of that being sent to everyone that got breached as part of it. We have been working with Troy Hunt of http://HaveIBeenPwned.com for the last few days to get this up and running as well as emails listed for transparency. We apologise that this happened but unfortunately, as the website listed beforehand covers, we are clearly not the only one. And that website only covers the tip of the iceberg. Most of the time, users have no idea that this happened but we think you should know as it affects all of us, user and staff alike in terms of security.

All we ask is that if you haven't reset your password between now and the 25th of February, please do so.

Archived