Horrible ping from Australia please help!

sennybee

Question

Hello guys, I am pretty new here and I don't know if this is the right area to post this but I am having disgusting ping problems since I live in Australia and every server is so far away. I would really like to play on the European servers and I was hoping any of you would have advice on how to lower ping to playable standards? Last time I checked I got 649 ping and booted off the server. Please help me overcome this problem so I can enjoy multiplayer and get my own friends to play with me as well.

Thanks.

13 answers to this question

I don't think there's any solution that you can do right now since pings are based on how far you are from the server location. Like me, I get 30-35 ms but I've seen people with 500 often. As said, it depends where you are in the world and where the server is located. 

FeelsBadMan.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Clarkinator said:

So this isn't a common occurance, and on a steady connection for me, as an Australian, I get around 350ms-500ms. Unfortunately 600 can happen at particularly heavy times so downloading and stuff like that will raise the the ping. Even I get it from time to time.

Is there a possibility that you guys may ever create an Oceania server for AU and NZ players?

I see, I'll try some of Harv's methods to see if they'll work. Just one more question. I installed a mod that replaces one of the trucks. When I logged on to the MP servers it replaced my modded truck with a Scania R, despite the truck in question originally being a Volvo. Afterwards, I hopped back onto singleplayer to find out my mods needed to be reinstalled. Is there any way to prevent the mods from being uninstalled when going on MP?

15 minutes ago, sennybee said:

I see, I'll try some of Harv's methods to see if they'll work. Just one more question. I installed a mod that replaces one of the trucks. When I logged on to the MP servers it replaced my modded truck with a Scania R, despite the truck in question originally being a Volvo. Afterwards, I hopped back onto singleplayer to find out my mods needed to be reinstalled. Is there any way to prevent the mods from being uninstalled when going on MP?

I used to have mods aswell, but I had the same experience as you so I simply just stopped using mods while I am playing MP. I only install the mods when I know I won't be on the multiplayer version for some time - which happens rarely. 

2 hours ago, Clarkinator said:

So this isn't a common occurance, and on a steady connection for me, as an Australian, I get around 350ms-500ms. Unfortunately 600 can happen at particularly heavy times so downloading and stuff like that will raise the the ping. Even I get it from time to time.

Sorry Clark, but it seems to be a common occurrence that seems to have gotten worse.

When I started playing MP (EU1), I had a ping maxing out at 375ms. Now my average ping on the same server is 450. I have noticed quiet a few southern hemisphere players (Australian and New Zealand, as well as Indonesia and parts of Asia) have higher pings than a year ago

An8mXaY.png

On 4/18/2016 at 5:05 AM, sennybee said:

You can't use mods on MP.