ETS2MP does not run in Linux/Wine: cannot validate game version

DrDoctor13

Despite the old version of ETS2MP working flawlessly in Wine, Truckers MP does not work in Wine and has no Linux version available. When trying to launch it, despite schannel support being compiled into Wine, it throws an error that TruckersMP "cannot validate the game version."

Hello,

TruckersMP supports only x64 systems. Wine has only 32bit support(if I did not go wrong). This might be the reason.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

Hi there,

Firstly, follow the format:

Mod Version:

Controllers Used:

Description of Issue:

How to reproduce:

Screenshots / Videos:

Secondly, Wine (due to its lack of 64 bit support) has now been discontinued for MP. I know this because I've been affected with my iMac. People affected are advised to do a dual/multiboot (Linux/Other OS) or use Boot Camp (Mac OS X).

Unfortunately as mentioned, wine only supports 32bit and as the game has been updated to 64bit this may be the reason you're getting the error, you may wish to dual-boot Windows 7 or 10 on your machine to avoid this issue.

I'll have a look into x64 Wine but I'm not sure it exists.

Lone behold after having a quick google it may be possible, but it's unsupported officially - although you're free to give it a try yourself :)

Kind regards,

Matthew

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.