OP must follow their created threads

heyhococo

Suggestion Name: The original poster of a thread must follow their own thread

Suggestion Description: I've seen a lot of threads where they start discussing, but because they don't follow the thread, they don't know whether there's any replies or not. So for like the first 10 replies they should follow their own thread.

Any example images: Nope, none here.

Why should it be added?: It'd decrease the number of inactive threads going around because a replyer wants a response from the original poster.

(You may also notice I'm following this thread myself. Clever, isn't it? ;))

It's a personal choice in my own opinion, it's upto the OP to check their own thread and I'm sure this option is available similar to vbulletin (subscribed threads on VB), like you say "follow the thread" which is upto the user to press. The thing I don't like about is that it emails me every time someone posts and I get thousands of emails anyway! So although it's a good idea maybe it should be added in an FAQ/Rules page just saying that it's there and making new users aware of what it does :)

Kind regards,

Matthew

you can get instand/dayly/weekly/monthly/when youre offline - e-mail notifications..... or none :P

Not to mention, you get a message when logging into the forums

Edited by Noraf

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

Requiring OP to follow their own thread is unfeasable to check and no real point in doing so, if you want to, do it, but requiring it will not happen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.