How to resolve this error report

zuiqingli

Question

12 answers to this question

If this kind of error appears, you can always retry by pressing "Yes" - it should start the game afterwards.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

Same problem here.

Although I am using wine (1.6.1) and Linux (k)ubuntu (TDE) 12.04.

Downladed ets2mp today, updated my game as well.

But it won't work. :/ (Clicking on Yes several times didn't helped).

Also used google quite intensively for ets2mp, the error message as well

as linux related problems.

Still no solution working :/.

If this might be of some interest, it is neither working with the Steam Euro Truck Simulator 2 version,

nor with the "original CD Version" as I have both. First bought the two CDs and later installed (additionally)

the Steam Version.

The game itself (both variants) are running/working fine though.

^Can't say I've got that problem, as both mine work with ETS2MP - I've just been on it yesterday evening with no errors?

I'd like to say it was some sort of Linux 'qwerk' but I only know command-line on Linux rather than it's GUI variants. 

Does it load the game when you press retry and just not connect or does it just stick in that loop?

Edited by MrHarv
Please use ^ instead of quoting above post

Kind regards,

Matthew

Hey, thanks for you answer MaffewE.

^^If I understand your question correctly you want to know what happens when I press "Yes" on the "Cannot validate game Version" dialouge?!

If that's it, yes it is kinda stucked in a loop, immediately the dialogue reappears asking me the same question, no change.

And yes, I installed the update several times, with pointing to the different directories (Steam and original CD installation).

Don't know what to do.

Do you actually have the latest ets2mp version downloaded?

Edited by xSgtSaltx
Removed quote

^Yes, that's what I was asking - thanks for that I just re-read and it wasn't as clear as I'd have hoped!

I do appear to have the latest version, I'll double check but it never prompted to update (I believe I'm running on 1.22 off the top of my head)

I'd try a few things if you haven't already:

• Re-download the ets2mp installer, deselect the Winter Mod so it's purely installing just the multiplayer to rule out anything like that
  • Double check your Steam version (most likely more reliable than the CD version).
  • Check your anti-virus (if applicable) isn't blocking any of the requests.

May I ask what version of linux you're using? It doesn't appear anyone else has been having these issues that I can see, presumably this has worked before via Wine?

Edited by MrHarv
Y u no use ^ :(

Kind regards,

Matthew

Ouh actually a good point.

So I've completely deleted the extension folder and re-installed, this time without winter mod.

I had deselected it before but it was installed on the first attempt.

My steam game version is on (1.22.2.6s) and according to steam up to date.

So I checked these two options.

Actually the last option might be the most promising and a good point brought up.

As I think it is very unlikely that my Linux does block any network traffic (no unusual fire

wall or even anti virus) it might be though that my wine version is not working properly

or mb even missing some files (dlls, whatever to mb be capable of initiating the

network traffic).

So mb I go to the wine forums as well and ask there if anyone else having troubles!

Thanks a lot for your support @MaffewE

^Great, just trying to rule out some of the possible issues.

Are you also running the game in Wine? I can imagine if you run MP in Wine and not the game it might have a compatibility issue with being able to read between the two.

I'd double check your wine as you've mentioned, it does seem a cause to the problem.

No problem, I do hope you're able to get it sorted!

Edited by MrHarv
Please USE ^ instead of quoting above post

Kind regards,

Matthew

Yeah I am running both games in Wine (steam and "original" one).

I know that steam is offering a native linux client which I do have as well, but actually

no game that I've downloaded using the native linux client is running whereas all

wine steam games do run. Might be a steam/linux issue although it should not be

relevant for the current problem as there is no connection between the ets2mp and

my linux native version of ets2 (also not the directories).

I'll get back when there is another result!

Although if someone else experience this/similar issues and has a solution, please

let me know <3!

Hello everyone! :D

Unfortunately, Wine is unsupported under OS X and Linux (All Distros). I also believe Wine is only 32 bit (don't quote me, I've only used it a few times under OS X), so when MP switches to 64 bit, it'll stop working.

Therefore I would strongly advise getting a product key and Windows installation disc/ISO.

Also ETS2MP only works with the steam version of ETS2. You can redeem a CD code with Steam:

1. Go into steam, then at the top click games, then add a steam game.

2. Go through the process of entering your CD key, then it should download.

Hopefully this'll answer Linux users questions about MP. :)

Inactive topic. Closed and moved to unsolved!

$ĝ† $αl†™
                                                                                                                                            My Timeline

2015                              2016                                2017                                2018                                 2019                               2020

image.png.eb72a906ab285e9c832317a851ff8ba0.pngimage.png.608bcf9759f058e5ed629fbcd272c4d9.pngimage.png.6128c9a945a66ae14868256932723412.pngimage.png.4212c57dd0bfa6d68705da04bffec7f8.pngimage.png.6a3b9da8b22eb70cf35d52e1c519ef60.pngimage.png.6128c9a945a66ae14868256932723412.pngimage.png.2127c084388aafe1d821d6900d1f3704.png