Receiving ramming penalties.

Lee4561

Suggestion Name: Received ramming penalties .

Suggestion Description: Damage, costs etc when rammed. Possibly reduced, timed or something?
Any example images: No.
Why should it be added?: I will use an example involving me. I am a lawful and careful trucker in-game and enjoy the long hauls. I stick to the speed limit, I turn my head light beams on when there are no street lights on the roads and off when there is, I indicate before I turn, change lane etc and honk to other users as a Hello. I was just on a run from Northern Sweden to Dusseldorf (700+ miles), got to about 500 miles or so left and another trucker, speeding, no indicators etc rammed into the back of me as I was slowing for a sharp round about, then he took off on the wrong side of the road, I took massive damage to my truck and cargo that it was better to take a £12,000 hit and cancel the job than continue.

Yes I could make the £12,000 back and plus with another job but whats the point?

Is there anything being done or planned to deal with this sort of behavior? I enjoy the game very much but stuff like this makes MP, meh.

Quick saves are your friend.... that, and recording your gameplay, so trolls can be hunted down by forum reports...

• Upvote 1

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

^ As Noraf said, quicksaves and screen-recording softwares are your best allies.

But please, before you decide to save / load do it in a safe place, like a NCZ (No collisions zone). Or you'll end up appearing in the middle of the road, and some fellow trucker may have an accident while your truck is loading.

Also, don't forget to create a report here

Those reports have a 100% guarantee: An admin WILL read them, and punish the perpetrator.

But you'll need evidence, and his ID. (You can find it in your documents folder > ETS2MP > Logs > Log_spawn_(date).

I'd reccomend you using this software to record your screen.

Hope this helps you! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

THANKS THANKS THANKS
that there are others like me.

Until now I tryed to don't let those idiots overtake me, but thats very risky in two ways.
It's bad enough, that I even have to spend time with those things! I am not interested in recording every drive, it's MY harddrive; and I don't even want to spend time on reports. But I think it has to be.
Normally I don't cheat, but I cheat back a little less than the money, that a kid idiot did cost me. At this point I can't understand the speed limit of 110 kmh "as a compromise" (the official reason), because the EU#2 is without ANY limit, so THAT is the compromise. The set speed limit is a opposition to the MP-Rules, that say, that every player MUST ALWAYS drive like the traffic rules of that country, so they should think about what they want BEFORE getting into oppositions like that! I don't know if it correct, but I WILL report EVERY player breaking ANY traffic rule with recorded video. I don't care about them.
I would go so far to limit the speed for every roads maximum for trucks NOT for cars!

I respect every player, that drives correctly and behaves like the traffic rules allow; but I can't respect other idiots. I'm NOT sorry about that!

If that situation with ***** people doesn't get better in the next future I sadly HAVE TO leave the MP, because I don't want to accept this anymore! This is SIMULATOR, NOT gta or formula 1!

calm down darkneon,

I never spoke about YOU as a person! If you feel concerned it's not my fault.

Sometimes you have to speak out the truth; we shouldn't speak out the world better, than it is. So there ARE people in the world, that are idiots (way too many in my opinion), so we can say it out loud.
No one has to feel concerned, because I never said, that a special person is an idiot. It's up to you if you feel concerned to that group of persons.

And if you want to report me now just feel free, what do and what you don't do is up to yourself.

Please don't escalate the thread and keep on topic and avoid conflict in the thread.

Anyhow I do think this is a bit difficult to implement due to it possibly counting even a slight nudge which is hardly a ramming incident as a penalty and even accidental accidents, if I hit someone or they hit me and apologise (it happens, brakes aren't perfect and some get s bit distracted) then I'm cool with it, so long as it isn't a common occurs ve from the same person but I do think although it has good intentions it's fairly difficult to add unfortunately

Kind regards,

Matthew

Recording is your best bet. Then either upload it to YouTube, or Plays.TV, and use the link as evidence in your report on the Website. This is the best way of getting players banned, where Admin In-Game haven't seen what went on.

Regards.

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

• 1 year later...
On 17.1.2016 at 0:49 PM, Lee4561 said:

Is there anything being done or planned to deal with this sort of behavior? I enjoy the game very much but stuff like this makes MP, meh.

The TruckersMP in-game admins will punish the people who are violating the in-game rules, hence why this has already been sorted.

Done.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.