Wrong version of ETS2 - can't run multiplayer

ahughes3

Question

I was playing multiplayer last night just fine but today I get an error saying my ETS2 is the wrong version and that I need to downgrade. I have tried almost every other beta version as explained by another post on here but it changes nothing. I still can't run MP.

I've also uninstalled ETS2 and MP and reinstalled both, again no change. Don't know what else to try. Any suggestions?

18 answers to this question

SCS released update 1.22 which isn't supported yet by ETS2MP.

To downgrade your version to be able to play multiplayer, follow the next step.

Steam -> right click Euro Truck Simulator 2 -> Properties -> Beta -> "temporary_1_21 - 1.21.x for incompatible mods"

Please note: if you played on 1.22, it might happen that your savegame file isn't compatible anymore with any previous gameversion.

• Upvote 1

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Steam -> right click Euro Truck Simulator 2 -> Properties -> Beta -> "temporary_1_21 - 1.21.x for incompatible mods"

Please note: if you played on 1.22, it might happen that your savegame file isn't compatible anymore with any previous gameversion.

I will try that patch, but I'm sure I've already tried it. Also, if I have played the game on 1.22 and my gamefile is not compatible now, what does that mean I have to do.............start a new profile?

thanks scar ;)  been tearing my hair out trying to work out how to downgrade lol :D

When you open steam,right click euro truck simulator 2,go to properties,updates and choose only update my game when i launch it,that way you can use mp without launching the game from steam witch will update it to the latest released 

fire can you sticky this or something like in multiplayer discussion? so all will know or any mod

• Upvote 1

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

I always get save game issues when they release new patches and I have to downgrade to an older version.

Pretty much everytime SCS Software roll out a new patch, and the Multiplayer team try to catch up I have to start a brand new save file.

All ways back up the whole folder in C:/Documents/Euro Truck simulator I have mine in MS cloud,System Back,up added folder for any changes and on my other hard drive

If you have to reformat,install windows again or reinstall ETS2 you will always have your back up with all passwords,just place it in documents and all will be fine

Ok so I seem to have another challenge, related or not I don't know. Everytime now I seem to complete a job, the jobs board then gives me no jobs. I have done the thing where you edit the config file to reset the ecomony thing, but it keeps doing it. It also tells me I've arrived like 22hrs late for my job which is completely incorrect.

Any ideas?

do not keep resetting economy turn it off,reverse what you did in the first palce

the poster did warn you to reverse it after as it will always reset it self every time you start ets2, change it from 0 to 1 ?

in mp you have to finish your job not to go away and come back as the timer is always running in MP,SP is different as the timer stops when you close ets2

I did reset it back to 0 as the post explained. Do you mean I need to leave it set at 1 and it will automatically be reset to 0? Or am I now just confused  ;) .

well make sure you did reset it back to what it was,other than that i really do not know,go and find the post that told you too