Lag Spikes

RaviGT

Question

Greetings. I'm pretty new to ETS2 Multiplayer, and this problem currently is seriously ruining my virtual trucking experience. Basically when someone gets near me, i get a massive lag spike, which sometimes leads to a crash and players insulting, reporting me. I recently bought a new steering wheel (Logitech Driving Force GT), which weirdly makes lag spikes even longer. Sometimes i get lag spikes even if someone is NOT near me. Outside cities i get about 50-61 FPS and in cities i get about 40-50 FPS. When i first entered Rotterdam, it was a nightmare - FPS dropping to 12, massive lag spikes, crashes and etc. This never occurs in singleplayer. (About 50-60 FPS). I play on medium settings. (Does not change anything if i change it to lowest)

Specs: (I play on a laptop)

CPU: Intel® Core i5-4210U CPU @ 2.40 GHz 

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 840M, 2GB

Ram: 6,1 GB

HDD: 500GB

14 answers to this question

My bet would be on th speed of your hard disk, the slowest thing on a laptop is the hard disk, they usually are 5400rpm in order to conserve energy. So when you get close to other players the game needs to load from disk the textures and details of the other players and that's when you see your game kinda hang. If your laptop has a SSD, disregard all I said, but at 500G, I assume it is not. 

I used to get the same lag you describe and I moved my game folders to a SSD and the problem completely dissappeared.

• Upvote 2

The reason why you get drops in Rotterdam is because there are a lot of people which causes your computer to load a lot of trucks which causes massive fps drops. Every player has this problem, not just you

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

Well,I have this Problem too,I cant even put Graphics "HIGH" because when i enter a full City like Rotterdam it Freezes for OVER 1 MINUTE!!!and then the game Crashes...I can only play on Medium...What can i do against such an freeze like i had one time?But the rest runs Smoothy...Only minor FPS Drops when over 5 Players are loaded at the same time (for Example on an Road which is always full)

CPU:AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core Processor 3.60 GHz

RAM:4,00 GB(3,00 GB usable) Is it because of my low Ram?

32 Bit System x64 based CPU

My Internet:

4789892619.png

Hi

Well,I have this Problem too,I cant even put Graphics "HIGH" because when i enter a full City like Rotterdam it Freezes for OVER 1 MINUTE!!!and then the game Crashes...I can only play on Medium...What can i do against such an freeze like i had one time?But the rest runs Smoothy...Only minor FPS Drops when over 5 Players are loaded at the same time (for Example on an Road which is always full)

CPU:AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core Processor 3.60 GHz

RAM:4,00 GB(3,00 GB usable) Is it because of my low Ram?

32 Bit System x64 based CPU

My Internet:

4789892619.png

Yep, almost the same problem. I don't think your ram is too low, as mine is 6 GB, but i have many lag spikes also. 

Try other servers, like Eu2 or Us.

Tried, nothing changed. Still getting lag spikes when someone gets near me. Also my lag spikes caused a crash today on a busy road. (Din't check what road). 

ETS2MP Settings > Uncheck Load Cabin Accessories and Use Fast Loading of models

Sadly, this did not help me either. My internet seems fine, specs seem fine, i did uncheck load cabin accessories and use fast loading models, tried to kill all useless programs, updated drivers, used CCleaner but no change. Only occurs in multiplayer. Maybe, because i'm playing on a laptop? I'm completely stuck....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.