Steam survey results August 2015

xOceanSpirit

The survey has updated

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

i don't mind doing the survey every month as its quite interesting to see what hardware others are using. 

If you don't want to view the entire survey, some key points are:

July is left, August is right. Lets see the differences

Processor users

Intel - 75%   75% (Rise by 0.24%)

AMD 25%    25% (Drop by 0.24%)

GPU users:

AMD - 27%      26% (Drop by 1%)

NVidia - 52%   52% (Same)

Average cores:

Dual - 48%             48%  (Rise by 0.85%

Quad - 44%           43%  (Drop by 0.68%)

more than 4 - 2%   %2    (Drop by 0.08%)

Average RAM

4GB - 21%  21%             (Rise by 0.31%)

8GB - 31%  30%             (Drop by 0.34%)

12 or higher - 14% 14%  (Rise by 0.04%)

OS Users

Windows 7 - 54%   49% (Drop by 6%)

Windows 8 - 32%   24% (Drop by 8%)

Windows 10 - 3%   17% (Rise by 14%)

The most popular GPU's:

Nvidia Geforce 6100

Intel G33/G31 Express

AMD Radeon x1600

The most popular goes to.....

Intel G33/G31 Express 

Standing at just under 40% of all users, not just of intel users, but everyone who has a graphics card. 40% have the intel express

We shall await september :)

"A river starts out as a puddle, wanting to grow to something much bigger. As it grows, it begins to flow, making its presence known. After persistence, the river carves its path through the rock towards the sea. You are that river, start moving!

z_siteimages%5Cimg_2074_1395921187_826_2

4601768346.png

Damn, the difference between AMD and Intel users though! And why so many still on dual core?

I'm guessing a lot of steam users are using laptops and budget desktops. A lot of Intel's mobile chips are dual cores, in some cases the low end i7s are dual cores.

As for desktops, pentium and i3 chips are usually the go to budget CPUs on intel's side.... That's assuming Steam goes by physical cores rather than logical cores.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

i don't mind doing the survey every month as its quite interesting to see what hardware others are using. 

Damn, the difference between AMD and Intel users though! And why so many still on dual core?

If you don't want to view the entire survey, some key points are:

Processor users

Intel - 75% 

AMD 25%

GPU users:

AMD - 27%

NVidia - 52%

Average cores:

Dual - 48%

Quad - 44%

more than 4 - 2% (I have 6)

Average RAM

4GB - 21%

8GB - 31%

12 or higher - 14% (I have 12)

OS Users

Windows 7 - 54%

Windows 8 - 32%

Windows 10 - 3%

They just finished the survey for august, so it should be up soon

Dual Cores are not that bad really, go back one year or two, and you´ll see you can run every game on high with a DualCore. At least i can with my Core2Duo. B) Why does not everybody drive a new luxury car?

^ all mobile i5 and down are dual cores, and they are pretty much the Core2Duo of today, more and more people buy laptops, and i5 is by far the most wide spread out of the i# series cpus (mid-range, not too expensive, but still pretty preformant)

^I think physical, my p4 never showed up as a dual core on steam I think but it's how I got GTA 4 installed on it XD

You played GTA 4 on P4 as well? those where the days eh? :P

IIRC GTA4's installer is what required dual core, and it didn't distinguish logical vs. physical cores

Survey was updated and so has the post

"A river starts out as a puddle, wanting to grow to something much bigger. As it grows, it begins to flow, making its presence known. After persistence, the river carves its path through the rock towards the sea. You are that river, start moving!

z_siteimages%5Cimg_2074_1395921187_826_2

4601768346.png

^ I got the game to load, all I had was the map icon :D and managed to get a 3 star wanted level...

http://valid.canardpc.com/2589199(me having some OC fun in Nov '12)

Heh, toasty one right there, I had the Prescott version of the P4, and a ATI(yes, pre- AMD) Radeon x1550, and 1.5GB of ram, played GTA 4 at 8-10FPS xD

I had slightly better stats, 1gb ram Nvidia 210 :D

Surprisingly it sat a nice cool temp of 35C and slowly increased up to 45C Max  :o My CPU (i5) is currently sitting at 20C but is at 2GHZ normal use (normal clocking not OC or UC), seeing as most of my stuff is now GPU intensive i hear my ATI Rev up more then anything.

Best part was the fact i couldnt go higher then 4.5 because of the RAM (clock speed produced windows boot errors) lol else i could easily reach 5ghz... P4 where insanely OC able...

OP: http://www.thehosthelpers.com/general-chat/p4-finally-oc'd-past-4-16ghz/msg19129/#msg19129

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived