headset use

ZU3S

Question

hi. i dunno if this is the correct spot for this question, but i recently installed teamspeak, but i don't know what headset i need for it to work. i have a regular skullcandy in ear headphones w/ mic so i thought i could use that since it has a mic also. is it possible for me to connect my headphones to the desktop and use the mic on the headphones and still be able to hear the others from the headphones. when i plug in the headphones, it asks me what i want. if i pick mic, i don't hear any sound from the headphones and if i pick headphones, i don't think the mic works. i really don't wanna spend $$ in buying a new headset. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. it said on the teamspeak window that microphone disabled...i dunno if it was mine or the channel... like i said i am new to teamspeak and haven't used it before. 

thanks in advance

17 answers to this question

Hi

With headphones with integrated microphones only have one AUX cable, which in your case your PC asks you which output you would like to use, Headphones or Microphone.

So you would need a headset, depending on brand they can range from £10 - £400, you can pick up fairly cheap headset's.

One i recommend is the Turtle beach x12's, they are fairly cheap but brilliant, great sound quality and great microphone.

Regards.  

> Joined 29 Nov 2014 - 10 Year Anniversary <

History

Previously known as Louie G 

Former Truckers.FM Station Manager & Presenter

Former Apollo Logistics, Atlas Logistics & Nordic LTD Manager

Ahh yes, and did this do anything at all?

I am on the ETS2 Teamspeak right now if you require any help?

Regards

> Joined 29 Nov 2014 - 10 Year Anniversary <

History

Previously known as Louie G 

Former Truckers.FM Station Manager & Presenter

Former Apollo Logistics, Atlas Logistics & Nordic LTD Manager

That's not true. I paid 20 euros for a Logitech headset (very simple one) and it works pretty well. With headphones when talking everyone will hear the noise around you, while with a headseat which usually have a "special" microphone and the noise in the background won't be there.

Headsets don't have a "special microphone". At least the normal ones don't. Headsets combine cheap quality headphones with a cheap quality microphone and they cost significantly more than they would cost seperately. Not only do you get worse audio quality, you also have a worse build quality. They are more likely to break aswell and harder to repair since its all wired together in an awkward way.

Sure you can get a good headset. But you can get a better headphones + microphone deal when you buy them seperately for the same price.

And again, stay away from any headsets with a "gaming" attached to their name or anywhere near it.

lu2f-1-644c.jpg

^^ Exactly. I bought recently a headset for my cell phone and it came with an adapter to be able to connect it to a PC, something like this:

31Gdo%2BHhIOL._SY355_.jpg

i'm looking at amazon but most of them are opposite of this. what you have in the picture is exactly what i need cuz i can plug my headphone in the black part and the other side plug into pc and the mic and headphones will work

i have found something since you are from USA

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Insten-8-Dual-Mic-3.5mm-Stereo-2-Plug-Male-to-3.5mm-Female-Adapter-For-PC-Laptop-Desktop-Computer-Cell-Phone/45612010

Edited by TheFlyingDutchman
after long search found it :D

Hello,

1st of all any PC headset that is using dual Jack 3.5mm or USB it will work with TeamSpeak 3.

Secondly did you double check your Windows audio settings by checking if the device is active and selected? Image 1 Image 2 Also make sure you disable this Image 3

Check TeamSpeak 3 settings and choose the microphone that you want to use: Image 4

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

Hello,

1st of all any PC headset that is using dual Jack 3.5mm or USB it will work with TeamSpeak 3.

Secondly did you double check your Windows audio settings by checking the device is active and selected? Image 1 Image 2 Also make sure you disable this Image 3

Check TeamSpeak 3 settings and choose the microphone that you want to use: Image 4

ok thanks. i think i've set it up right cuz before i couldn't hear any sound from the headphones but now i can but i havent talked with anyone on teamspeak so i dunno if others can hear me or not. so i went to google and tried using the search function via voice but it didn't pick so i dunno if it working. 

If you click here you will connect to the ETS2 MP TeamSpeak server or ts3.ets2mp.com/ 

If you want to test your sound and your microphone you need to go here and here.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M