Reporting Multiple People - Is the system wrong?

chunkyy

Today I had my first really bad experience with Euro Truck Simulator Multiplayer and it quite nearly lost it multiple eager players. About 3 hours ago me and my 4 friends set of on a long journey from the top of England to the south of the map, we knew it was going to be painful but the reward was there! After about 20 minutes of solid trucking we came up to a troll who just before he drove past us came onto our side of the road we just managed to swerve out the way. This was the first incident which I recorded and was going to report after the convoy, about 40 minutes later the convoy was brought to a halt by 6 people racing and merging into a motorway at speeds in excess of 80-95 causing so much trouble for the convoy, crashing into us, flipping there trucks everything which just destroyed an hours worth of work. If you want to see this happen you  can see the video

Moving on, I had to make the video, upload the video and then make a report which I did within about 30-40 minutes, already i've been away from the game for 30-40 minutes to try and get these trolls off the server so what happened to us does not happen to anyone else. I made my report, added the details and in the steam id I put the number "1" because it does not let you make a report without a number in there but as I was reporting numerous people I had no chance in getting all their numbers or at least it would be so time consuming It just would not be fair on me, the player. Within 5 minutes of making the report I was completely banned from using the report system by an admin, to my understanding this was due to the discrepancy where I put number "1" in the ID and the admin simply just banned me from using the report system for being a possible troll without looking at my report. 

I went onto Teamspeak and spoke to an In-game admin called Burner, at this stage I had no idea what was going on so Burner looked into it for me, he asked me the question why I put ID number 1, he explained why I was banned at which point I actually thought it was rather disgusting the way I was treated by the admin banning me, I took time out of MY game time to try and help YOUR server and community and I was condemned for doing so, I was then told after this issue was sorted that the report was declined because I had to do an Individual report for every single player that was racing and caused us trouble. This was absurd, I've already been out the game for an hour trying to report these players and now I'm expected to make 7 individual reports to get these people reported, I was doing this to benefit you and your server not for any benefit of myne.

I explained the way I felt to the Ingame Admin I was speaking to "Burner" at which point he completely understood and got some admins on the case to help my side, Admins "Truckdriver" and "Pieter" and within 10 minutes all 7 people were banned and the issue was resolved. The customer service I received by Burner was second to none, as a store manager in retail I can tell you I would personally employ him at my own store.

I feel that people will not report the people racing or causing trouble because it can be so long winded and need so much time and effort that they will just carry on playing the game, getting more and more frustrated and finally leaving the game, which me and my convoy almost did today. I request that the process for reporting multiple people at once gets looked into and the reason I was banned in the first place be looked into my a Senior manager. I do not feel at all appreciated as a customer today and neither does my friends. 

Purely because of Burner, Pieter and Truckdriver is the reason we are staying and the reason I will be donating to the server as they turned such a bad situation into a positive one.

Thank-you for reading and I eagerly anticipate a response from a senior member of staff.

Chunky

• Web Developer

I don't want to be harsh or anything. But if you were a store manager. You would of seen the first sentence that is in RED. The system is made for one report per player for the simple reason that it's easier for us to track everything up. Because if there's a problem with a certain player we can just do a quick search and get the answer right away. Also it's much quicker for us to do the report and ban the player if he do anything bad.

531rLQS.png

Enjoy your stay and hopefully you'll understand how to use the report system properly :)

By the way, the user (1) was the founder of ETS2MP. So it's stupid to report somebody just like that.

Have a great day!

J-M

• Web Developer

"If" I was a store manager, I did not expect a response like that. In that case I will email the people I need to email and I will not be playing again and neither will be friends. Good bye.

So if somebody rammed you and said he could not read the rule. We should let him go?  :huh:

I did not ask for the answer you are giving me J-M, as a player or a customer I asked for it to be reviewed and looked into. I was not saying I did not do it wrong, because I know I did, I have been told by numerous people I must report each person individually, I see that. If you read what I have wrote I am asking for it to be reviewed for the benefit of the players and your server. I did not make this post to argue or to make a fuss, it was an observation. And if this is the official response I am getting from a senior member of staff from ets2mp then to be frank im pretty appalled at the diplomacy and way you have handled it. Like I have said, I will message or email the top of the chain, and if this is as much as I will get, I guess that's me done.

Maybe some Customer service skills could be observed from the 3 admins that were very helpful to me earlier?

I did not ask for the answer you are giving me J-M, as a player or a customer I asked for it to be reviewed and looked into. I was not saying I did not do it wrong, because I know I did, I have been told by numerous people I must report each person individually, I see that. If you read what I have wrote I am asking for it to be reviewed for the benefit of the players and your server. I did not make this post to argue or to make a fuss, it was an observation. And if this is the official response I am getting from a senior member of staff from ets2mp then to be frank im pretty appalled at the diplomacy and way you have handled it. Like I have said, I will message or email the top of the chain, and if this is as much as I will get, I guess that's me done.

Maybe some Customer service skills could be observed from the 3 admins that were very helpful to me earlier?

I think the biggest issue is solved here. :)

To get some more information I asked Clarkinator to review this topic.

Sincerely,

TruCkDr1V3r

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

• Web Developer

Sorry if I have been rude. But with the amount of player we get and the amount of "troller" we get. It is hard to keep everyone happy. We try our best to deal with them. Sometime we do mistake sometime we don't. Now your issue has been fix internally and I hope you'll have a great experience on the multiplayer.

Have a great day!

J-M

I think the biggest issue is solved here. :)

To get some more information I asked Clarkinator to review this topic.

Sincerely,

TruCkDr1V3r

I appreciate that, thank-you.

Sorry if I have been rude. But with the amount of player we get and the amount of "troller" we get. It is hard to keep everyone happy. We try our best to deal with them. Sometime we do mistake sometime we don't. Now your issue has been fix internally and I hope you'll have a great experience on the multiplayer.

Have a great day!

J-M

No worries J-M, Apology accepted. In retrospect I doubt I would of spent in now excess of 3-4 hours reporting these people, speaking to your staff and then making a long winded topic if I was just trying to make your lives harder. But I see where you are coming from and your jobs must he hard. It will be nice to see what other senior managers and devs think about this also but I do appreciate your comments.  

If you don't know already, you can find everyone's MP id you have met in a certain day in log files within the ETS2MP folder in the documents folder. If there's so many, you can use Control and F and enter the name.

Luckily, I don't meet as many trolls. Either because I'm lucky or I don't play as often as I do anymore. I keep the videos for idiot driver compilations, because sometimes I forget I made the video and by the time I do remember its already been a few days, which means it's too late to report them.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived