Laptop or TV as a 2nd monitor

TheBj03rn

Question

Hi,

What is the problem?
I want with my Medion MEDION® AKOYA® P55430 (MD 20430) make an extra screen via HDMI to the laptop or on the TV.

Problem description:
I tried but it does not create videos HDMI connection to laptop or via the Revicer for television.

Any Example images:

Here,Here,Here

I need help please. :) :D
And my room is messy. -_-
Today my PC chair is broken, the iron is broken, it is quite uncertain stabilized with wooden ...
:angry:

12 answers to this question

When you plugged in the monitor did you turn on the connection through the settings?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/976064

Hello StuartD,

The first method I tried, no success. :(

The second method I've tried does not work but somehow.

Can you help me by TeamViewer? :)

When I plug the HDMI cable into the laptop, the laptop screen is just black. if I pull the cable of the laptop desktop reappears.

I think I do not understand all the settings. :angry: :huh:

The PC is on Windows 8.1 (Windows 10 reserved on both devices) and the laptop is on Windows. 7 B)

A little dummy, I'm ... :wacko::blink:

A laptop can only make ONE screen, even if you plug it in 6 tv's/screens. Even if it shows, it will still be as one screen. You might be able to drag it to the side, depens on what laptop. 

The OS doesn't matter, trust me, had the same issue with my laptop when trying to connect it with a tv for my son so he could look at movies.

You can try to "right  click, properties, screen resolution" and go from there.

So are you trying to get your desktop computer to connect to your laptop via hdmi so your desktop screen is showing on yohr laptop?

Another thing make sure your tv is on the right source/channel

Hello There,

I want to use the laptop screen as a 2nd monitor, do not reflect the PC desktop.

So I on the Medion Monitor as ETS2 can play and on the other monitor OBS and Twitch.

(And I use both screens as 1 monitor.)

Edit:

Tomorrow I'll add a few pictures.

I think, you can´t use the laptop as an 2nd monitor, maybe with a special software.

But the connection to the Panasonic should work with the right cable.

HDMI from main screen to Reciver with HDMI Input from Reciver to the Panasonic, but didn´t work ;(

When you plugged in the monitor did you turn on the connection through the settings?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/976064

This should go without additional software.

The link of StuartD is helpful, but I'm unfortunately a bit silly to implement it correctly.

My PC:
http://prntscr.com/7ujye4

ouse and keyboard on different computers: (not for me)

Here

Multi Monitor Software (not for me) (Not Windows 8/10) (US$ 49.95)

Here

I think maybe that's right

YouTube

YouTube

I want on the main screen ETS2 and on the laptop, for example OBS and Twitch chat.
But also the possibility it up to a monitor.

The Laptop has only HDMI not DVI or VGA.

You can hook it up like this

Desktop PC to TV via HDMI(Allowing you to have another screen for your desktop)

Laptop to TV via HDMI(Allowing you to have another screen for your laptop)

You can't hook your Desktop PC up to your laptop HDMI since the HDMI is and HDMI output and the HDMI on the pc is also an output. HDMI outputs can only go to inputs like on TVs or Monitors.

Im guessing you want to steam on your main desktop if not do not read this. You will be playing ets 2 on your desktop you will need a hdmi going from your desktop to your game capture card then from the game cap to your monitor and then plugging in your gamecapture card into your laptop with the usb provided. Use obs to slect the gamecapture as the source. Then if you want twitch chat on the TV use a hdmi from your laptop to your tv and then setup the screen settings on your laptop to add another screen. Then you can either move twitch chat or obs to the tv screen by dragging it onto the tv screen.

Check out my guides on how to match your truck color to your trailer color and sharing your GPS way points3LQ2PnN.png

bdFwCRb.png

You can hook it up like this

Desktop PC to TV via HDMI(Allowing you to have another screen for your desktop)

Laptop to TV via HDMI(Allowing you to have another screen for your laptop)

You can't hook your Desktop PC up to your laptop HDMI since the HDMI is and HDMI output and the HDMI on the pc is also an output. HDMI outputs can only go to inputs like on TVs or Monitors.

Im guessing you want to steam on your main desktop if not do not read this. You will be playing ets 2 on your desktop you will need a hdmi going from your desktop to your game capture card then from the game cap to your monitor and then plugging in your gamecapture card into your laptop with the usb provided. Use obs to slect the gamecapture as the source. Then if you want twitch chat on the TV use a hdmi from your laptop to your tv and then setup the screen settings on your laptop to add another screen. Then you can either move twitch chat or obs to the tv screen by dragging it onto the tv screen.

Monitor (DVI source)

Laptop

8 days with no reply from the owner.

Topic closed and moved!

$ĝ† $αl†™
                                                                                                                                            My Timeline

2015                              2016                                2017                                2018                                 2019                               2020

image.png.eb72a906ab285e9c832317a851ff8ba0.pngimage.png.608bcf9759f058e5ed629fbcd272c4d9.pngimage.png.6128c9a945a66ae14868256932723412.pngimage.png.4212c57dd0bfa6d68705da04bffec7f8.pngimage.png.6a3b9da8b22eb70cf35d52e1c519ef60.pngimage.png.6128c9a945a66ae14868256932723412.pngimage.png.2127c084388aafe1d821d6900d1f3704.png