Implement map with players positions (like ets2map.com)

daiv67

Suggestion Name : Card players in the game

Suggestion Description My suggestion is to put the game online this card on the website: http://ets2map.com/

So, all players have the opportunity to see all the other players on the server without having to open their internet browser and thus having to switch windows.

Any example images No clear idea
Why should it be added? This should be added to optimize multiplayer ETS2 and thus make it more autonomous and more enjoyable to play for players.

It would maybe be a good idea to mod the GPS ingame to show other players but that would of course not be too realistic as your real GPS doesn't do that either. But maybe they could show other players on the large map (m).

• Upvote 1

I was not referring to the fact of showing the other players on the map be realistic, but the logos of real companies.

After I think if we put it on the big map that would already be sure, but the GPS it could be better;)

I´m agree with the first suggestion. Other Trailer/Truck mods wont be implemented cause of copyright and mod support issues trough game updates.

About the first, I think that making some kind of implementaiton in-game of ets2map could be enough, or at least, some key which could open a explorer-window showing that info.

lkRjRkb.png

Suggestions format

Suggestions have to follow the format:

• A fitting title.
  • A description of what the suggestion is about.
  • A reason why it should be added/removed/changed.
  • Any eventual example images or similar.

Remember to keep your post structured and easy to read.

For example:

Suggestion Name

Suggestion Description:
Any example images
Why should it be added?:

Example:

Suggestion Name: Add non collision zones within delivery depots
Suggestion Description: At the moment there is collision zones around the entire map, it would benefit everyone if there were non collision zones within the delivery depots and dropoff points.
Any example images: Nope.
Why should it be added?: It'd allow multiple users to deliver at the same time.

Best regards, J&B^

I'm actually image.pngin-Game

Why not put the virtual map of Euro Truck Simulator 2 directly in the game, it would avoid us every time to open our web browser to see if there are players around us.
And I also think a mod for real companies in the game for longer true. (I say this because I saw that you had already made a mod for the winter so why not for this?)

Steam overlay > webbrowser > ets2map.com. Then all you need to do is SHIFT + TAB to see the players around you ingame.

• Upvote 1

a lot of other games. We're always looking for friendly and open people to join us.

We like to create a friendly and familiar environment. Join us on

teamspeak: ts.emeraldimmersion.com to check it out for yourself.

Steam overlay > webbrowser > ets2map.com. Then all you need to do is SHIFT + TAB to see the players around you ingame.

Yes, but the fact is that my proposal is done all over the map, so that when we open the big map of the game we can see all the other players.

It could be shown on the GPS and could be a feature that could be enabled in the MP options (This way users that don't have a good connection wouldn't have to lag more). +1

That would be really cool, it would help to avoid traffic jams (haven't seen yet unless someone blocked the tunnels) and consider if it is worth to take an alternative route. It doesn't have to be live, I think a couple of minutes delay would be fine.

But @Rootkiller we know that we can use the Steam overlay to do that, but it'd be better to have that directly in-game.

Yeah, sure...How about one big NO about shift/tabbing for steam's browser  -  "probably because" those of us who don't have wheels actually want to have some control over the truck while checking the map?

I mean why should I risk crashing into things ahead while using steam's browser, when I can simply tab out and check it without risking to damage my cargo?

You'd say "Stop your truck" - Okay that works perfectly on the highways, but will backfire a lot on single-carriage roads - i'd either have to block the road or throw myself in the ditch to check it

All in all, I believe that using the steam's browser is a choice between a ban (crashing into players/blocking lanes) or getting yourself stuck in a ditch

I kinda like the idea of having the player info on the GPS/Ingame map but not so much like the ETS2MP Map maybe just a "heat scale" red areas lots of users blue ares next to nobody and transistion between that way you are not getting all the info about the road ahead just an idea that there could be a problem ahead plue I think a heat scale might not be as laggy for people with lower spec systems

Yes we need to mod the game, but modding the game is done since may 2014 because ETS2MP is itself a mod for ETS2, what can be is interseting is replace the screen of the GPS by a window showing ETS2map.com centered to your position. But we would need 2 versions of the ETS2map,

- The 3D version that could be zoomed in/out to replace these screens :

380112ets200016.png325698ets200017.png

-And the 2D version (What we have now) that could be zoomed in/out (Like now) to replace these screens :

214699ets200018.png635481ets200019.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.