Add a option to Launch ETS2MP with OpenGL

Cyanide_snubben

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (Comment)

Suggestion Name: Make the executable file supported for Open GL

Suggestion Description: As said in the title, make the executable supported for Open GL. I know it will take some time to get it supported but it would be very great if it happened
Any example images: N/A
Why should it be added?: It should be added so you won´t get this error: <ERROR> [dx9] Present failed. [0x88760874] which will lead to a fatal crash for the client which will lead (if anyone is near you) to a massive crash cause you just stopped because of the error. 

NOTE: If this has been suggested before then I apologies for reposting this and I will remove this as soon as I get the info about it :)

76561198066020056.png logo-wotr.png

World of Trucks proflie

I don't know what libaries the devs are using to inject their data to the base game, but if those libaries only work with the directx pipeline, it would be like programming a competely new mp, just to make it work with openGL

• Upvote 1

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

Why would you use OpenGl over DirectX? (Question is not relevant if you use Linux)

Exactly that is the reason. On Linux through wine OpenGL version runs as smooth as native version (full 60 FPS), while on DX version I have ~2-4 FPS (gfx quality doesn't matter, constant ~2-4 FPS). OpenGL version would solve that problem. Since there is no ETS2MP build for Linux, this is the easiest, fastest (and I hope temporary) solution–just add an switch to enable OpenGL instead of DX.

Anyway even on Windows some people have problem sith DX version.

Editing config.cfg has no efect, like the game forces it every launch.

@RayRay5

I don't think MP developer did anything with render engine.

^You have render the names over the player. And that is something that you have to inject into the game-engine, because it doesn't support that natively

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

Suggestion NameAdd a option to Launch ETS2MP with OpenGL
Suggestion DescriptionAdd a option to Launch ETS2MP with OpenGL before we start the ETS2MP
Any example imagesNO

Why should it be added?Well, Some computer get a higher FPS when launching ETS2 with OpenGL.

Can you please add a option to let user select whether launch it with DirectX or OpenGL?

Thanks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.