Why not put it on C-D Road

Nom de la suggestion : Pourquoi ne pas la mettre sur CD Road

Name of suggestion: Why not put it on C-D Road

Suggestion description: This would allow us to stay informed in real time during our trips. Currently, only the interception of Calais is equipped. The objective would be to generalize this throughout the C-D Road. In addition, we can see that it does not always work in Calais, which is a shame after a month and a half of work for almost no result. So why not use AI? It could take into account the areas of traffic jams, accidents and display where there are no traffic jams and how far are the traffic jams or accidents. This would also allow to estimate the time needed to reach Calais or Duisburg.

Why should it be added: It would add a dimension of realism, as if we were actually on the highway, but this time for the entire C-D Road. In addition, it would reduce the number of accidents by half, knowing that players would be informed. Of course, there is Trucky, but not everyone uses it, and it would be really nice to get information throughout our journey.

Why should it be added: It would add a dimension of realism, as if we were actually on the highway, but this time for the CD Road set. In addition, it would reduce the number of accidents by half, knowing that players would be informed. Of course, there is Trucky, but not everyone uses it, and it would be really nice to find out all along our journey.

th?id=OIP.rlz31HCY2_lrSabf8yK-YwHaEK&pid

th?id=OIP.eXvfSDMNTjDkNq_qu0o-pgHaD8&pid

romania0.jpg

CD Road isn't a highway (or interstate; or motorway). Those signs are only place on highways.

A highway has multiple lanes and a divider separating the 2 sides.

TMP isn't revamping CD Road. Maybe the Calais gas station. They want SCS to revamp the map.

Even if we did have those signs, it would require a staff member to keep updating them. Which is probably time consuming.

• Upvote 2
  • True Story 1

On 4/5/2024 at 4:21 PM, Sunstrider said:

CD Road isn't a highway (or interstate; or motorway). Those signs are only place on highways.

TMP isn't revamping CD Road. Maybe the Calais gas station. They want SCS to revamp the map.

Even if we did have those signs, it would require a staff member to keep updating them. Which is probably time consuming.

not necessarily we can use artificial intelligence it is she who will see where are the accidents where are the traffic jams and will automatically update the panels nowadays everything begins to be done by artificial intelligence so much see for that it is the artificial intelligence that takes care of it

3 hours ago, Mix. said:

The majority of players don't care about these signs anyway.

yes I agree with you but well it’s mostly a matter of ensuring that for players who really want to play quietly and especially not have to brake at once because they are not aware that there is a traffic jam or who has an accident would also put a little more beauty to this road except when you see the trucks flying or trucks passing in the grass

23 hours ago, [MCG] TMP_Malinois said:

we can use artificial intelligence it is she who will see where are the accidents where are the traffic jams and will automatically update the panels nowadays everything begins to be done by artificial intelligence so much see for that it is the artificial intelligence that takes care of it

It's a good idea, but I doubt it will ever happen before C-D is replaced.

This game is not made for artificial intelligence. (We say "AI Traffic" but that is not actually AI; it is a leftover phrase from before modern AI was invented.) To do this in-game would require a serious coding effort by the developers, which they don't have time for currently. In the future, once TruckersMP gets "AI" Traffic, it could be easier as they will most likely already have a framework they can build this on, but SCS Benelux will already be finished by then.

Any and all opinions are my own. Generalizations and interpretations are based on public information and do not reflect the positions of any organization.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2024 at 9:38 PM, OtherGuy said:

It's a good idea, but I doubt it will ever happen before C-D is replaced.

This game is not made for artificial intelligence. (We say "AI Traffic" but that is not actually AI; it is a leftover phrase from before modern AI was invented.) To do this in-game would require a serious coding effort by the developers, which they don't have time for currently. In the future, once TruckersMP gets "AI" Traffic, it could be easier as they will most likely already have a framework they can build this on, but SCS Benelux will already be finished by then.

sorry but excuse me what do you mean by these SCS it will be over unless it is a bad Google translation

Hi there!

Thank you for sharing this suggestion. Adding real-time traffic information to the entire C-D Road would indeed enhance the realism of our virtual trucking experience. It's important for players to stay informed about traffic conditions to improve safety and efficiency on the road.

I fully support this idea and encourage the community to consider its implementation. It would undoubtedly add depth and immersion to our journeys on the C-D Road.

Best regards

• Upvote 1

In fact, it could have a prompt message like Trucky has that lets the user choose whether or not to receive that message, and lets the player go into the settings and check the box to make it work or not!

Want to play a game together? https://truckersmp.com/

Feedback system? https://truckersmp.com/feedback/create

If you want to report it?https://truckersmp.com/reports/create

Truckers/3D

On 4/6/2024 at 4:02 PM, [MCG] TMP_Malinois said:

not necessarily we can use artificial intelligence it is she who will see where are the accidents where are the traffic jams and will automatically update the panels nowadays everything begins to be done by artificial intelligence so much see for that it is the artificial intelligence that takes care of it

It's not done by AI. There are DOT workers watching the cameras for anything happening on the road. And there are multiple highway patrol officers reporting accidents. That's how they get the information to inform the public via traffic apps, signs, and overhead signs.

Even if these signs were added, a good portion of the community doesn't care for them. Plus, they would be out of place on a road designed for a scenic drive. Just look at the sign just by the turn to the Calais Highway Onramp. It already covers both lanes and looks out of place.

The signs in the featured event zone aren't even being updated to inform of traffic jams and the speed you should be going for the speed cameras. Nope. All disabled. Even the signs by where the ramps merge, has the shoulder closed with a merge sign. After that, all the other signs are off.

Hello 🤍,

I have read your suggestion with great care and would like to congratulate you.

It's a good idea, but in order to do this project, you need to be able to activate Google Translate in the game because players from many nationalities play this game. If TruckersMP tries to do this, signs will also need to be in one language, as they are now. For example, if it is in English, only English-speaking users will be able to follow this sign. On the Calais-Duisburg road you can meet players from all nationalities, so on the Calais-Duisburg road there is usually not one country, there are many nations, many languages, it can be really difficult to do but if everyone knew English like us it could be done and it would be easy.

whitE

FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS !🤍                          

Hello @[MCG] TMP_Malinois,

First of all thank you for your suggestion. I think it might be a good idea and sometimes I've thought about it too. But I think it's absolutely useless because usually those signs are on highways and the C-D road obviously is not a highway. I don't think it's necessary for users traveling on that road. 

Of course this is just my opinion, but good luck with your suggestion. 

Kind Regards, 

LUPO (ITA)

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

On 4/22/2024 at 6:12 AM, Sunstrider said:

It's not done by AI. There are DOT workers watching the cameras for anything happening on the road. And there are multiple highway patrol officers reporting accidents. That's how they get the information to inform the public via traffic apps, signs, and overhead signs.

Even if these signs were added, a good portion of the community doesn't care for them. Plus, they would be out of place on a road designed for a scenic drive. Just look at the sign just by the turn to the Calais Highway Onramp. It already covers both lanes and looks out of place.

The signs in the featured event zone aren't even being updated to inform of traffic jams and the speed you should be going for the speed cameras. Nope. All disabled. Even the signs by where the ramps merge, has the shoulder closed with a merge sign. After that, all the other signs are off.

yes I already agree at the insertion ramp to the Calais motorway indeed there are these signs and most of the time they do not work I had already discussed this with a staff; telling him that who had broken our feet with their work of a month and a half so in the end that the panels do not work now actually if we add people who can update these panels that means that it should there will be people behind their screens but also behind the steering wheels and on the resource side what I mean are people who would be, among other things, staff if I follow correctly what the moderation of TMP told me recently, they all already work in the voluntary sector so it 'in addition they have to do that in addition and then they are already surpassed for everything that is postponed I'll let you guess what that can do

On 4/23/2024 at 4:53 PM, Ponc l whitE said:

Hello 🤍,

I have read your suggestion with great care and would like to congratulate you.

It's a good idea, but in order to do this project, you need to be able to activate Google Translate in the game because players from many nationalities play this game. If TruckersMP tries to do this, signs will also need to be in one language, as they are now. For example, if it is in English, only English-speaking users will be able to follow this sign. On the Calais-Duisburg road you can meet players from all nationalities, so on the Calais-Duisburg road there is usually not one country, there are many nations, many languages, it can be really difficult to do but if everyone knew English like us it could be done and it would be easy.

whitE

hello Indeed it remains complicated, I will start from the principle that the language which should be indicated on the signs would be French unfortunately no one speaks French because it is not a common language so I think that English would be the best way so yes indeed like me I'm completely useless at English which means that I would have to translate the signs but over time the more we see the signs the more we will realize that in fact it it's not just language there is also a display a sign saying that be careful traffic jam at the head of the distance so in fact just the fact of seeing a triangular thing with the fact of seeing several cars in a row and that just below the mark it is obviously marked in English but just seeing the shape of the panel point plus the cars following in a row intellectually you have to say to yourself well there are traffic jams I have to remain careful I raise the foot and everything is fine you see what I mean actually yes the language could be a problem but understanding the image could not be a problem because everyone knows this kind of image

connaissez-vous-lutilite-des-panneaux-a-

On 4/23/2024 at 9:13 PM, LUPO (ITA) said:

Hello @[MCG] TMP_Malinois,

First of all thank you for your suggestion. I think it might be a good idea and sometimes I've thought about it too. But I think it's absolutely useless because usually those signs are on highways and the C-D road obviously is not a highway. I don't think it's necessary for users traveling on that road. 

Of course this is just my opinion, but good luck with your suggestion. 

Kind Regards, 

LUPO (ITA)

hello thank you for your comment and for supporting my suggestion know that I know that the CD is not a highway now if I propose this suggestion it is really to improve the experience of the players actually put signs like that as we can see it in Calais unfortunately it would not work but in itself there is always the possibility of putting a panel alone with a screen or could there be text underneath I don't know if I am very clear I will put you well obviously an image below to show you what I mean but in any case thank you again for your support

panneau-2.JPG

8 hours ago, [MCG] TMP_Malinois said:

yes I already agree at the insertion ramp to the Calais motorway indeed there are these signs and most of the time they do not work I had already discussed this with a staff; telling him that who had broken our feet with their work of a month and a half so in the end that the panels do not work now actually if we add people who can update these panels that means that it should there will be people behind their screens but also behind the steering wheels and on the resource side what I mean are people who would be, among other things, staff if I follow correctly what the moderation of TMP told me recently, they all already work in the voluntary sector so it 'in addition they have to do that in addition and then they are already surpassed for everything that is postponed I'll let you guess what that can do

There's already a lack of GM's present. Maybe 1 or 2. Overall, most of the server population doesn't read signage. These signs just don't exist on city streets.

As soon as SCS revamps Belgium & Netherlands. Then, we all can see how the new CD Road is.